Well.... He didn't pick me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well.... He didn't pick me.

He had been distant for a week, and ignoring my texts and stuff for the past three days... finally got him to talk last night, and he found someone else. I can't begin to describe the emotions I feel. I feel used, he came here, we had sex, he left, found someone else... but it wouldn't have worked anyway I guess. He didn't want to move here (his mommy pays everything by him, and his friends are there, who'd leave that??) and he doesn't like LDRs, so. That's that. I'm sad. I just really liked him. I liked things he did, he said. Im hoping each day will get easier. That's what I get for giving everything I had, to someone 3 years younger and 10 years less mature than I am I guess. Should have said goodbye, before I said hello.

Ouch, that hurts. Sorry to hear it But, well, better a rude awakening than settling for someone who's clearly not in it for the right reasons. Give yourself time to be sad, mad, whatever you need, and then focus on healing and going forward. You deserve a partner who's right for you and who commits.

~
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
    The hands of the many must join as one
    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

I've been reading your previous threads as you posted them and was honestly quite happy for you. In fact, your story made me look forward to our own first time meeting in August. I'm really sorry it ended like this.

I agree with Miasmata, allow yourself some time to get over him but the way you described it he may not have been looking for a committed relationship in the first place.
      At the very least you tried and it didn't work out but it definitely was not your fault.
      Last edited by Mr Gravy; March 23, 2015, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this, hun. Just know you're not alone. Same thing happened to me last week. Just grieve but don't let it consume you. Do what you need to heal.
        "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Time heals all wounds. Take time to do what makes you happy. Stick around if you'd like =)
          "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

He actually did you a favor. Like the others said, never settle for anything less. You deserve better than that. Just keep smiling and moving forward because good things will soon follow you.

Comment

Sorry to hear that - I was stung as well at the start of Feb as well, it happens...Dust yourself off, learn from the experience and fingers crossed the next one is a success rather than a failure

The old cliche about time is true though - I am in a much better place now than I was just 6 weeks ago!

Comment

It's really better you found out now, rather than later. My Ex strung me along for 5 years, meeting "someone" else a few times, before he left me for good for one of them. At least it was only months for you. You'll bounce back and find someone that actually wants to be with you and treats you the way you should be treated. It sucks for right now, but just keep yourself busy. Forget him. If he chose someone else over someone awesome like you, then he wasn't worth your time to begin with.

Comment

It is better you know now, not a few years down the line. Wish you to heal well, take care of yourself.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

That really stinks. Hugs to you & hang in there it will get better. I had a breakup recently as well. He and I were in a LDR and I moved to CD. He did the same as yours I arrived and he went quiet and actually took off for Scotland for a week from the US. I new something was off. When he got back I asked what are we doig are we just going to be friends or are we still going to be together exclusive relationship. I told him I would be fine either way we just needed to be on the same page. He said exclusive relationship and then the entire next week was radio silent. I finally tried calling to Ed things he didn't take my call. Finally, I text him with I hope we can part as friends. He then tells me that he left ad went to London to handle deal with some personal stuff. He stayed there I think two weeks. I've come to learn he is either back with his ex gf who he dated for 8 years who he lived with in London and then was in an LDR with or is involved with a new woman in London in another LDR. In my case I'm pretty certain my guy is an avoidant and needs physical distance in his relationships. You get close he backs away. Kinda a slap in the face. Right now I'm sure it hurts and you are filled with sadness...however, as the days go by it will get easier!

Comment

Working...
                    X