Feeling like he doesn't rust me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling like he doesn't rust me

So we are working on our budget for when we finally close the distance, as we are engaged! Well we both have spotify accounts and I figured we could just share an account so we weren't paying for two of the same things. He first said yes, then changed his mind when he realized it used his facebook account. I did not know that when I asked, and I feel like he doesn't trust me, which really hurts. I would never sneak on his facebook, I trust him, but this made me feel that he didn't trust me. He has most of my account information, but I have none of his...

I'm sorry, but I legitimately don't understand the issue. You feel like he doesn't trust you just because he doesn't want to share an account for something? I wouldn't want to do that either, to be honest. I give my SO account info for stuff but only when it's actually necessary. You can trust someone and still want a sense of privacy.

~
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
    The hands of the many must join as one
    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Oooooh teenager problems... I trust my SO 100% and there is no way in hell he is getting my passwords. Its called privacy, not trust, or in this case rust.

Comment

Yeah I've never understood this need to share passwords either. Also, isn't spotify free? I don' t pay for mine.

Comment

My boyfriend and I trust each other fully, but we don't share passwords for hardly anything. There isn't a need to. We have shared our Facebook passwords, but that's it. And mostly because we really never use our Facebooks, and we only did it so that we could see pictures of each other that our friends have posted, that you wouldn't be able to see otherwise.

We have never thought it necessary to share passwords. We trust each other, but we do like our privacy as well. There is nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't want my boyfriend watching my every move on the internet, to make sure I'm being trustworthy, and I know he wouldn't want that either. Trust is trust. If you truly trust each other, you shouldn't need to have access to all of their stuff. At least that's the way I see it. Maybe it's different for you two.
          ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
          Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
          First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
          Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
          Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
          Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

My SO gave me his Netflix account information, but only because he wanted me to watch a movie that I couldn't find anywhere else. And since I don't have my own account he just let me use his. I haven't used it for anything since because it just feels awkward somehow lol. I also don't watch a lot of movies anyway so there's that lol. I agree with what everyone else said. He just wants his privacy and it has very little to do with trust.

Comment

Well, we don't share passwords or accounts either. But I get what's bothering you, first he said yes then he changed his mind. I can understand how that can be unsettling. Does he have a history of an ex snooping or a bad experience like that? I don't think you should insist on this account sharing because his right to privacy shouldn't be questioned, but if you think he suspects you might actively snoop on him, I advise you to look into that. It's never a good sign if your SO treats you like a potential stalker.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Surely Spotify is not your most pricey expense? Why do you plan to merge two playlists into one to close the distance? Me and my husband share an account we made together on Netflix and I know his currently visa card code because I this year sometimes borrowed his card, otherwise I have no idea about any of his passwords or codes for anything. I know SOs visitor visa application password because he asked me to make him one. That is about it. There is no general need to know each other's passwords. I would trust them both with my life but generally sharing passwords only makes it easier for everyone to know which sort of distroys the purpose of passwords.

Forget that he changed his mind about a minor matter and focus on managing the very real expenses you will have during and after the move: moving, housing, electric, internet, food etc.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

You know, you don't HAVE to sync your Facebook account to Spotify.

Also, I don't really see this as a big deal. My SO and I do share Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant Video (all mine, he barely uses them, but when he does, I really don't mind). I also know one (of 2 ) of his passwords that he uses for everything, but that's because he asks me to sign in to his Grubhub account sometimes, though I have my own account, or he asks me to log into other things for him. I know my SO's password to his phone and he knows mine. Even if we didn't know each other's passwords for things, or didn't want to share, neither of us would feel offended. There are some things you just want to keep to yourself. It has nothing to do with trust, or that maybe we have something to "hide", there are things that you just want to keep private. We also know each other's PINs for our separate bank accounts. I even know my brother's PIN, for when he gives me his card to go out and get food for us or something (because he's super lazy ).

Comment

Working...
                  X