Struggling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling...

My SO and I had met for the first time roughly 6 months ago. However, at the beginning of March, I had to leave to go back home. I've been home for a month and been struggling lately..I am trying to get back into my normal routine with life away from him, but it's really hard. I can't sleep very well at night, and my friends seem to not care that I'm back, so I'm not getting support from them. When I was heading over to Australia to meet my SO, my parents were in the middle of a divorce. We were all living in the same house and waiting while the house sold. When I came back home, everything was different! My mom got her own place, and same with my dad. Everything changed! I've realized that where I am now is not the place for me. I don't feel that I can be who I want to be while I'm here, and I'm not really happy here. I feel homesick because my SO is my home, and I had to leave...I really don't know what to do. We still talk all the time, but time zones keep us from seeing each other most of the time. Any advice on what I can do to help myself feel better?

Get something done about your sleep, and start planning the next visit.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
      Get something done about your sleep, and start planning the next visit.
      Good sleep is crucial to your well being, it's a must! You need something to look forward to, I agree with DC, start making plans for your next trip! I'd try getting out and seeing your friends, getting out there socially might help too.

Comment

Have you tried talking to a counselor? It might be good to do, just to get everything off your chest. You basically went to live somewhere else and met your SO for 5 months and came back to an altered reality at home. If it happened to me, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night either! Other than that, is there anything you can do to your new room/living space to make it feel like home?
        For sleep I've found meditation or focusing my ear to calming sounds/music helps. For feelings of sadness about being apart from your SO, what about creating photo or video snap shots of each other's day? Part of it is just getting busy and back on-track after a visit but it sounds like you also have a lot happening at home. I hope it gets better!
        When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
        no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

I've been working towards helping my sleep and getting it back on track. As for planning the next visit, my SO and I have been working on that. It's kind of complicated right now..The original plan was that I was only going to be home for a few months, then I was going to go back to Australia on a Work and Holiday visa. However, he decided that he wanted to come visit my family before I went back, so the plan is for him to come here after he gets done with his college at the end of June. But the complicated part is that he lives in a small town and has applied for work basically everywhere in his town. He's applied at lots of places out of his town, but no one has called him back. He just really needs another jobs because what he's making now isn't going to get him here. He has been calling places back, but they say the job is already filled up. So I'm not really sure when he'll be able to get here. In the meantime, I've been working and doing school. It's frustrating because I don't really know when I'll see him again...

Comment

Working...
          X