So I met him in person...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I met him in person...

After knowing each other for almost 3 years, he came and stayed with me for the last week. He left earlier today. My family loves him, and he loved it here. But oh my gosh... I had no idea it would be this hard to say bye. I have been sitting here for the last few hours crying rivers. I knew I loved him but it just hit me like a 5 mile long train. He will be coming back in 6 to 8 weeks. I just wish I could marry him already and he can stay. I never felt a deeper connection with anyone. It is like my spirit is glued to him and the further away he gets from America the more it rips me apart.

I guess I am just posting this because I know many of you out there had to deal with this goodbyes. Do they get easier?

I am just a mess. Covered in tears and snot. I wish I could talk to him but his flight didn't have wifi. I have to wait another 4 or so hours. I am going to be up late. I don't think I can sleep without saying goodnight to him.

These feelings, and emotions, and this overwhelming tug is nothing like I ever felt.

That first meeting is always so exciting and the time of the visit does fly by. I'm glad you were finally able to meet after so long!

For every person, I think if it gets easier or harder is different. The first time I saw my SO, I was there less than 48 hours (Friday night to Sunday afternoon) and by Saturday night I was very unhappy to have to go. I cried at the airport but was fine when I got home. We've seen each other 5 times now and the last time we spent a full week together. Though the night before I left was a little stressful, I didn't cry when I left this time. I got home and right back into my routine. For me, each time is easier because it's just how it is right now and I have to look at it that way. I don't let my emotions get the better of me - after all, it's not forever.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Glad you got to meet him
      Just focus on the next visit

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
        That first meeting is always so exciting and the time of the visit does fly by. I'm glad you were finally able to meet after so long!

For every person, I think if it gets easier or harder is different. The first time I saw my SO, I was there less than 48 hours (Friday night to Sunday afternoon) and by Saturday night I was very unhappy to have to go. I cried at the airport but was fine when I got home. We've seen each other 5 times now and the last time we spent a full week together. Though the night before I left was a little stressful, I didn't cry when I left this time. I got home and right back into my routine. For me, each time is easier because it's just how it is right now and I have to look at it that way. I don't let my emotions get the better of me - after all, it's not forever.
        That is a good way to look at it. It is just how it is for now. I held it together when he was leaving but soon as he left, I lost it. I cried the night before and earlier in the day before he left. I stayed up late just to make sure he got home okay. He is in a car heading home from London now. I hope the next visit I am not so upset and it does get easier for me, and us really. I know he hates seeing me cry.

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
          Glad you got to meet him
          Just focus on the next visit
          Thanks! and yeah it isn't that far away, it will be the end of May or early June. Then not again till September so the summer stretch will be a tough one. I am going to try to save some cash to help him so one of those two trips he can stay for two weeks instead of one.

Comment

Yeah, it's tough, but I do think that if you just focus on the future visit and remember the good times you had in your visit, that helps the most. Glad your meet went so well

Comment

Working...
            X