Ended before it really went anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ended before it really went anywhere

He started asking about me almost two years ago. Gave me over a year to get through and over my divorce and came down to ask me when I was going to let him come down and take me out. 3 months later he calls but it's a short call. Two and a half weeks later he comes back down to see me (has deliveries nearby ) and explains that he's separated but they've been to the lawyers. We talk for about an hour and the next day he's back with another load and we get to talk some more. Got to see him 4 times in 3 weeks, a few texts from him, cancelled plans where he was going to come down to go out (said he needed brakes on his car and postponed for a week ) talked about me going on the truck with him when I'm off work (I get long weekends ) and the next thing I know, he's texting that he's got to stop before it goes further, he's trying to work things out with his wife. And thanked me for my friendship. I wished him well. Thing is I totally understand. My ex and I should have split way before we did and it's not easy to just give up, especially if you've been together a long time. He always was honest, asked for patience to get through his divorce, and has never shown anything but respect. If it doesn't work out for them and he wants to call, I am still willing to give it a try, IF his divorce is final and he's ready to move on. I miss him terribly and the way he makes me feel. But I'm okay, just going on and doing the same as always.

Aww I'm sorry it had to end this way. Glad you have a positive outlook on it though.

Comment

Working...
    X