Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you cope with leaving after you've visited?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you cope with leaving after you've visited?

Whenever I visit my boyfriend, I always have a hard time towards the end of our trip. Goodbyes are never easy, you know?
    But to make me feel better, I always ask him for a shirt of his that he wore a lot. That way I can wear it to bed and whenever I feel lonely, I can still smell his scent to calm down.

What do you guys do in order to keep happy after you leave?

I focus on keeping SO happy, I will usually leave a calender with a love poem other greeting for him. They work really well for him. Also, I keep lots of my clothes with him so he can smell them. l write in my journal a lot, listen to Turkish music and cry and go on without my life planning the next visit.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I just returned for a visit with my SO and it's very hard.... I'm still trying to figure out how to handle it... This is my first LDR... we have only been together 6 months, I try to go every 30 days but it getting harder and harder to wait 30 days.... I'm very interested to hear how you handle things and how you go about planning your next trip. I don't want to seem pushy ( he is raising 3 kids alone).... don't want to over whelm him...... I know this didn't answer your question SORRY!!!!!!

Comment

I have been in LDR 19 months and visit every month most months. I don't find it as hard waiting 30 days, it is more hard just trying to wrap my head around how to continue the visits or close the distance. I usually buy one or two travels before or during my visit, some from my paycheck, some on credit. It in easier for him too if he knows when I am coming. I have things from him, like my neckless and ornaments on the wall. I also eat food I bought on the visit and listen to music from his country. Language class also makes me feel connected to him.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

It was always important for us to have another visit planned, that helped a lot! I've always made a countdown (https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/create) and we have been celebrating the big steps like "half the way there", "a quarter of the way left", etc. and we spent most of our time sitting in teamspeak and talking to each other, playing video games or working on things together. Stay busy is the key words.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
          X