No announcement yet.

4,000+ miles away--just a pipe dream?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't disagree with you, except the response you quoted wasn't directed at the OP.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

A LDR is a lot of work but it has just as much chance as working as any other relationship. It just depends on how you are as a couple, how you are as a person and how you deal with the situation.
      Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
      All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

pursue it if it makes you feel right

Hi, well, first of all, I think that relathionships that make you feel just right are worth pursuing, when deep down its the only thing you want and it doesn't keep you from functioning, ike if its an obsession or something like that, then its not good, but if it pushes you to be better and fills you with warm fuzzy feelings and hopes and dreams, then its the right relationship for you. My advice would be no to worry, you both have in mind that once you meet, you'll be testing the waters from there and if it doesn't work out, well, too bad. However, please try and keep ALL type of communication with him as open as you can, tell him all of your doubts and fears about the realthionship as to avoid missunderstandings and give him space to be able to resolve some of them... and he should do the same with you. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you everyone for your insight! It's really helped me realize that at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what people think of my relationship with my SO, what matters is that I'm happy and so is he.
          I may not have everyone's approval, but I do have mine. My mom approves and is excited about this adventure ( but she is also living vicariously throught me) and is very supportive. She won't let me go to Scotland without her, mostly because she is dying to see the beautiful land and she knows that if she goes with me I have no choice but to come back with her! lol
          We mention closing the distance, but it doesn't seem to be anything super serious right now, and it shouldn't be yet. We both have responsibilities and things holding us in our home countries, but we will figure it out when the time is right.
          I'm just going to focus on the here and now and look forward to the messages and future dates when we can spend them together.

Thank you again all!!!

Comment

I've been with my SO for almost 3 years - he lives in America and I live in England. We can only have visits once a year for a couple of months or so, because I'm currently at University (first year out of four) and he's just finishing up College. Unfortunately, he can't come here to live quite yet, because neither of us have anywhere near enough money for it - I have a part time job, but it's only 8 hours a work due to University and he's getting a job once he's finished College this year and after he's been to visit me this Summer.

We've had plenty of people tell us that they don't believe it will work out, but a majority of them have seen that it can work from our visits with each other and they can see how happy we are together, even though we can't be physically together for 10 months out of a year. We Skype every single day for about 8 hours (yes we are sad and never leave the house for social reasons we're perfectly happy being the way we are)

It can work, he's the only one I want to be with and I'm willing to wait as long as I need to - I may have to wait another 4 years or so until I can move out to him once I finish University, but I'm going to wait for him no matter what, because he's the one for me, and I know that if I were to give up, I would be making the biggest mistake of my life.

Comment

Working...
            X