I need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some advice

Here it goes, I am in a ldr for almost 3 years, he lives and works abroad but we come from the same country. My problem is that although I feel very confident about us us, he often expresses his uncertainty about our future. We are in love, we want to spend the rest of our lives together and all that very important things but we have practical matters coming between us and our dreams. I have a good job, he has a good job and he wants to return to our country but for now and due to crisis it is very difficult for him to find a job here. I truly believe we can make it but when I hear his uncertainty it makes me wonder, is it a male vs female mind, a practical vs extremely optimist mind, is it just us. Every time we start such a conversation, we end up confessing our love and our intentions of making it work but his uncertainty is still there. How do you deal with such behaviour?

Sometimes I think people worry so much about how fast and when they can close the distance, that they lose track of the relationship. It has nothing to do whatsoever with males vs females though, it's just you as individuals. Instead of focusing so much on a subject you just can't do anything about right now, focus on your relationship today, tell him that. Unless one of you just can't handle the distance anymore, and it's a make or break situation, just relax and see what opportunities arise in the coming months, or a year, then reassess where you are. LDR's can work for a really long time when they need to, you just have to be on the same page about it, and decide together if you want to be patient. You can always send him here, he'll see that people do make LDR's work for long periods of time. Good luck.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
    X