new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here

Hi. I'm totally new here. I wanted to share our story with more ppl and get some advice about our relationship so i decided to register to this community. My babe and I have been in relationship for almost 6months. We first met online,we fell in each other really fast and now we can't live with out each other. Well..I was born and live in south korea and her,,puerto rico. We live almost 13100km apart. We talk everyday and ,on weekends we spend more time together. We are planning to get married and spend our life together. We regard the distance and the time that we can't be together as a test of god to make our love more solid. I would dare anything for her. I don't expect nothing to receive from her because,to me she is sweeter than any chocolate in this world and what I love is her soul. However there's a really weird fact in our relation shipe. It's that we've never skyped or made a phone call. We do talk a lot. In my vacation we talked almost 10hours everyday and on weekends we talk like 8hours. But..imagine how heartbreaking it is that I even don't know the voice of the girl I love so much. I've never expressed thati feel pretty angry about this to her cuz i never wanna have conflict with her. She just says she's shy. But I know that she is not trying to avoid me or not loving me. I want to listen what you guys think about it. How should I talk to her about this issue?
    Last edited by aly's teddy; May 8, 2015, 08:49 AM. Reason: adding a question

6 months is a long time to go without Skyping or even talking on the phone. It sounds kinda fishy to me. If she's just shy you need to reassure her that it's only you that she's going to be talking to and that you won't judge her. If she still refuses after that then something maybe up here.
    Last edited by TheSteelAngel; May 8, 2015, 09:15 AM.

Comment

I have to agree with TheSteelAngel...
      This raises red flags for me but I hope I'm wrong. If she is your girlfriend and has been for 6 months, she shouldn't be THAT shy to skype. Have you seen pictures of her? You should definitely talk to her about it. It's hard to build or progress with a relationship just over IM or text.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
      Married April 18th, 2015!!
      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Yeah..she sends me her pics..it seems like I should talk about it with her. I've always thought that I should but just didn't cuz I was worried if it would make her feel so bad.actually her shyness is not the only problem. she speaks spanish and can't speak english.well...i don't wanna be suspicious..I just want to believe that she's just shy..
        Last edited by aly's teddy; May 8, 2015, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aly's teddy View Post
          Yeah..she sends me her pics..it seems like I should talk about it with her. I've always thought that I should but just didn't cuz I was worried if it would make her feel so bad.actually her shyness is not the only problem. she speaks spanish and can't speak english.well...i don't wanna be suspicious..I just want to believe that she's just shy..
          Don't be afraid to avoid conflict. If you have a problem you need to speak up about it. Your relationship can't flourish if you don't address and work with your problems.

Comment

Thank you steel angel... I will talk about this issue with her. I have been trapped in the thought that I should just fit to her and give my everything...but now I'm actually not sure how long I could stand like this. Thanks again for giving me courage.

Comment

Relationships are built on trust, and without it, they can't healthily work out. The lack of calls and communication hurts that trust. Talking about issues is important in a relationship, and you shouldn't let this fester just to avoid conflict. How well do you speak Spanish? Can you talk about this properly or is there a language barrier?

~
              It'll take a lot more than words and guns
              A whole lot more than riches and muscle
              The hands of the many must join as one
              And together we'll cross the river

Comment

There is a language barrier...english is my second language She says she cannot speak english at all but I can't believe cause she has no problem with watching tv show or listening to music in english.

Comment

Originally posted by aly's teddy View Post
                  There is a language barrier...english is my second language She says she cannot speak english at all but I can't believe cause she has no problem with watching tv show or listening to music in english.
                  How do you guys communicate then? You said you do talk via text. Sorry, I'm just confused. For you two to talk, there must be a language you share?

~
                  It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                  A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                  The hands of the many must join as one
                  And together we'll cross the river

Comment

English. We text in english and she's really fluent when she texts.
                    Last edited by aly's teddy; May 8, 2015, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Welcome.
                      You need to put the marriage talks on hold and take one step at a time, you've never even Skyped her. Tell her you want to Skype or Voice Call if she's nervous. You can then get to know each other and arrange a meeting for the soonest possible date, if all goes well then after a few more meetings discuss the idea of ending the distance. Trust me when I say this; it is a gradual process, it's not easy. You have to want it. If she's unwilling to even voice call, end the 'relationship', it's all fantasy for now anyway.
                      Good luck!
                      Love is patient, Love is kind, Love never fails.

Comment

Now I realize I'm so young and stupid.

Comment

Now I realize I'm so young and stupid...there's no offense

Comment

Could you give me some tips on how I can know if she cares about me??

Comment

Yea, I agree with everyone else. Put the brakes on talking about marriage, not just because you guys haven't even Skyped or met yet, but seeing as your age is listed as 15, you're still very young.

Also, there is no tip we give you on figuring out if she really cares for you. That's on you to decide. The only thing I can say is look at the things she does for you, how she talks to you. Does she go out of her way to make you happy, or say things to make you happy? It's pretty much one of those "when you know, you know" types of deals. You can have your doubts, but at the end of the day, if she makes you happy, and makes it one of her priorities to make you, and keep you, happy, then she cares about you.

I go out of my way to do plenty of things for my SO to let him know, and show him, that I care about him. Whether it's me sending him a text every day before he goes to work to tell him to have a good day, to sending him the cute pictures I find on the internet, writing him the emails I write (that he loves), cooking for him when I'm at his house, doing his laundry when I'm there and he's at work...etc. But, again, these are things that I do for my SO. Yours might do other things. Everyone has their own ways of showing that they care.

Comment

Working...
                              X