first meet & visit ideas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first meet & visit ideas!

Hi guys, i am so excited my so will be flying out on the 10th june to stay with me in London for 2 weeks. this is our first meet!!
    He took out an insurance policy on his ticket as he should be discharged from the army on 3rd june however just incase it gets delayed and he may have to rearrange the tickets (i pray not-that would be heart breaking!!)

anyhowww, i am so excited to welcome him to my home and show him my city. Please if any one has any ideas of things that can be done in London or nice areas to visit or any type of activities that would be cool or different, i would really appreciate your input! im out of ideas hehe

Heck, you're in London! It'll be fun not matter what you do! Hahaha
    When my SO visited for the first time, We tried not to do a lot of traveling. I had a small dinner with my family so that he could meet them all and went out with some of my best friends. We stayed close to home for the first few days just because we wanted to be around each other without much distraction. Plan a cute date, or something simple. Because the little things you guys do together are the most memorable.
    Congrats on the first meet!

Comment

Originally posted by memyj97 View Post
      Heck, you're in London! It'll be fun not matter what you do! Hahaha
      When my SO visited for the first time, We tried not to do a lot of traveling. I had a small dinner with my family so that he could meet them all and went out with some of my best friends. We stayed close to home for the first few days just because we wanted to be around each other without much distraction. Plan a cute date, or something simple. Because the little things you guys do together are the most memorable.
      Congrats on the first meet!
      Hehe thanks so much! i am really looking forward to doing cute-sy things. i had an idea of going pottery painting and just making our own "masterpieces" from clay then getting to paint them. i thought it would be nice since it would be quiet and we'd get to really enjoy time side by side. smaller things are memorable!

Comment

You've got the zoo, museums, the culture of london, walks in parks, the theatre, cinema (i know none if it is really different but it's still fun) oh bowling too that's fun. I really like that pottery painting idea you've got happygirl, that does sound really cute.

I'm so happy you've got a visit coming up, you'll have the best time.
        Flying out to meet him for the first time: 16th November 2014 - 14th December 2014
        Flying out to meet him for the second time: 3rd June 2015 -18th July 2015
        Flying out to meet him for the third time: 12th December 2016 - 12th January 2017
        His first flight to me: April 2018 DENIED ENTRY
        Flying out to meet him for the fourth time: 23rd June 2018 - 7th July 2018
        Got Engaged: 12th December 2016
        Married: June 29th 2018
        Hoping to close the distance: 2019/2020

Comment

Just remember that London is pretty dang pricey, so budget accordingly and make sure you always use cheap places to get snacks in a pinch (like Aldi or places that offer cheap sandwiches/instant porridge/whatever else is alright to eat on a budget). That aside, just avoid the tourist traps and you'll be fine! London has plenty of great places to see

~
          It'll take a lot more than words and guns
          A whole lot more than riches and muscle
          The hands of the many must join as one
          And together we'll cross the river

Comment

I seem to remember that the tourist bus tour of London was nice, especially on a sunny day on top of the double decker, and I think there was a canal trip included in the tour. And I loved Camden market, and the museums. I am guessing the musicals will be pricy (although I hope to do that one day) but there is a lot to do or see that cost less.

Even so, some of the simplest and cheapest date options are often the best: buying ice cream together and walking in the park or near the water, go see a movie in the cinema or go look at silly tourist shops (I reccomend buying him something small and giving it to him on his day of departure, without him knowing you bought it. I bought a viking shot glass for SO when he was were without him knowing, and when he got it in the airport he was really like OH you didn't get that!, happy even if it was not pricy at all), walk or use the subway/bus/tram to get around the city or your neighbourhood, depending of what you are proud of and want to show him!

You may want to introduce him to your fav English food (mine are teas, bisquets, curry and salt & vinegar crisps), or take him to one of those tea houses where you can get sandwhiches and cakes. Of course take him to an English pub! And introduce him to some of your favourite people.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

When my SO came to visit me for the first time we went on a city trip to London, and we ended up spending most of the time in the park next to Buckingham Palace, just watching people, laying in the grass and talking. I did take him to a musical as a surprise because it was my big dream to see one there, but it was indeed pretty expensive. We mostly just walked around, and one evening we went to Ripley's Believe it or Not museum which was awesome - I can definitely recommend it! My favorite place is Covent Garden, I could spend an entire day there even if it's pretty small. Such fun stores! On the bus thing: buying a bus day-card and just hopping on and off random busses is WAY cheaper than the tourist bus. No open roof, but just sitting upstairs in the front going random places (especially in the evening, past Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus!) was awesome Man I love London, I should plan another trip

Comment

My boyfriend hasn't been to visit me yet but when I went to visit him it was snowing. We spent a lot of time curled up together watching movies, we went out for meals, we ate at his family's house on sunday and we did a movie. I know he is planning to take us to an amusement park this time, the weather will be much better. I'm hoping we might make a trip to visit a friend of mine. But honestly most of all it's about spending time together.
                Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ella85 View Post
                  [...] when I went to visit him it was snowing. We spent a lot of time curled up together watching movies, [...]
                  Because of that I'm almost sad that I'm going to visit my girlfriend in summer. We'll end up hot and sweaty even without each other's body heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Gravy View Post
                    Because of that I'm almost sad that I'm going to visit my girlfriend in summer. We'll end up hot and sweaty even without each other's body heat.
                    On the bright side, there's much more to do outside! Don't be so down on what you get

~
                    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                    The hands of the many must join as one
                    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

I just recently went to London for the first time and I had a whole list of things that I wanted to do. You might want to consider asking your SO if there is anything on his list! Even to incorporate a couple of things that he wants to do would be nice! If it's a first trip to London (which it sounds to me like it is?) then it is hard to go wrong with any of the typical tourist things. The highlight of my trip was a riverboat cruise, so you may want to consider doing that! It allows you to see so much of the city in a relaxed setting!

Comment

My boyfriend can't wait until the summer. He's fixated on getting me to wear a dress, except that until my friends made me bring one home a month ago, I did not own one and that one is a size too small so the chances of that are... questionable

Comment

I was also going to encourage my girlfriend to wear a dress but she doesn't seem very excited about the idea.

Comment

I was also going to encourage my girlfriend to wear a dress but she doesn't seem very excited about the idea.
                            It's a dress, who would be excited about wearing one? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ella85 View Post
                              It's a dress, who would be excited about wearing one? lol
                              I'll agree with this 99.9% of the time LOL. I've found sundresses in the the summer can be much cooler than even shorts and a tank top. Of course, the activities of the day may not allow it.
                              To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X