No criticism allowed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No criticism allowed

Ok so I posted earlier about John and I. I'm miserable, it's 4 am and I'm so blah. My mind is racing. I love John but Ive been txtibg another guy and I called him tonight. I don't want a relationship with him, just fun I guess. What shud I do? John wanted to do a 3 day break but I'm not allowed to c other people... Idk how that'll help me

Maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems like a lot of your posts aren't super happy lately. (Or it could just be the ones I've noticed.) But it could be time to let go of the LDR even though you love him. It sounds like you feel lonely and are needing more than you are getting.

John wants a 3 day break? Do you want to see people on that break? The fact that you are texting another guy and want fun... it just says to me that you aren't 100% in it with John at this point.

Comment

I'm not really sure what kind of answer you're looking for, posting and restricting any kind of criticism, but I'll try to lessen criticism to as little or a zero as possible. I think that it might be best for you to take some time to really think about what you want and what's best for you. I could say more, but it would likely be very criticizing. Good luck in figuring things out though, LDRs can be a real struggle at times, as we all know.

Comment

If you love John... don't cheat on him. It's really not a nice thing to do. If you're looking for something else at the moment... break up with him first.

Comment

I think that if your SO wants a three day break, you should talk about why, and maybe it's best if you're so unhappy. Your own happiness is paramount in a relationship, whether LDR or CD.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

As much as you say you don't want the criticism, it's sort of hard not to be a little critical when you're hinting at cheating on your SO and that you're upset over not being able to date for a 3 day break. From that it's pretty obvious that this LDR is crumbling and you may need to move on. You can't love someone and want to fool around with someone else, hon. If you're that unhappy with taking the break, ask him why he wants it, and either take it or decide if you really think you can stay and not have wandering eyes or anything else.

Comment

I agree with each of the previous posters. You are wondering why you can't date on this break....texting this other guy is fun... Maybe its time for a heart to heart with yourself.
              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I agree with the previous ones...obviously you're not satisfied with your relationship. Now, there is no problem with you texing/calling another guy, you're allowed to have friends, all depends on what you guys are talking about. But from an outside perspective, it doesnt sound like you're happy in this
                My <3 is in Connecticut

Comment

I agree with garnet and NaNi. It's obvious you aren't happy with your relationship.

Comment

"You can't love someone and want to fool around with someone else, hon." -LadyMarchHare

I agree. If you are seriously considering having fun with this other guy then you either need to end your relationship or have a long discussion with your S.O. about what you are feeling and go from there. At least make sure he is clued into your frame of mind so he knows what a 3 day break could mean.
                    First date: 12.27.09
                    Started the distance: 6.10.10
                    Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

Comment

after your 3 day break why dont you just call John up about how your feeling and have a long conversation, it probably will help alot if you do!

Comment

You know what you're doing is wrong, yet you're still doing it. I think it's time, like everyone else has pointed out, to decide what you want. Take your 3 days, don't talk (or text) either and figure it out. An LDR isn't for everybody, and love does NOT conquer all. Good luck.
                        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                          You know what you're doing is wrong, yet you're still doing it. I think it's time, like everyone else has pointed out, to decide what you want. Take your 3 days, don't talk (or text) either and figure it out. An LDR isn't for everybody, and love does NOT conquer all. Good luck.
                          so very well said.
                          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Karringtyn View Post
                            so very well said.
                            Yeah Moon definitely got some reputation power from me for that perfectly worded response.
                            First date: 12.27.09
                            Started the distance: 6.10.10
                            Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                              Exactly this.

Also, three days is not that long of a time to be on a break, so why would you be so upset about not being able to date while on it. It doesn't seem like you're all that emotionally invested in your LDR anymore, so perhaps this is for the best.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Working...
                              X