No announcement yet.

No criticism allowed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds like you're wanting to have your cake, and eat it too. In any relationship, close distance or long distance, it simply won't work. It'll always hurt some-one, maybe even both of you. If you're even thinking about cheating on your SO, then your SO doesn't deserve the pain and the heartache of you cheating on him. It's not worth it. Take the three day break and think about what YOU want. Because he'll be thinking about what HE wants too. If you're just looking for "fun", then maybe being in this relationship isn't what you should be doing right now.
    [CENTER]

Comment

IMO it seems like what you're lacking from your relationship is attention and therefore are going to Jason to make up for it. Talk to John see if he can give you what you need and if not then I think what to do in this situation is pretty clear. Neither decision is going to be easy you just have to decide what you're willing to work for and put effort towards whether it be John or Jason...goodluck!

Comment

Originally posted by leonina View Post
        Yeah Moon definitely got some reputation power from me for that perfectly worded response.
        *Blushes* Thank you!
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by squiddie View Post
          Exactly this.

Also, three days is not that long of a time to be on a break, so why would you be so upset about not being able to date while on it. It doesn't seem like you're all that emotionally invested in your LDR anymore, so perhaps this is for the best.
          Yeah I was going to point out the short break too. But hey it's enough time to go crazy, do everything/whoever you want, but I feel like it would really hard to get back into a relationship and act like it never happened. What happens in Vegas, may stay in Vegas but that doesn't mean your S.O. won't ever find out about it
          First date: 12.27.09
          Started the distance: 6.10.10
          Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

Comment

If you do love John then don't cheat on him. Tell the guy that you're not interested and stop talking to him. It's a very simple concept, but I understand that it might not be easy to do. Best of luck!

Comment

Honestly I really don't see the problem with you texting and calling this other guy. You're alowed to have male friends, and if there's a little chemestry who gives a rat's fart as long as you keep to the boundaries of your relationship. Call him, text him, hell ask him for advice! Have fun. But remember along the way to respect yourself and your SO. I remember being told once "if you're doing something that you feel guilty for, that you don't want your partner to find out about, or that you know would hurt them if they found out, yes you're probably being unfaithful". It's a good guide.

Who the hell goes on a three day break anyway? I don't understand that at all! But that's beside the point.

Get a couple nice bits of paper. On the first write down all the pros and cons of being with your SO. On the other, sit down with him and define what your relationship issues are. Why do you want to cheat? and why does he want to take a break? Figure it out, then decide if what you have left is worth salvaging or not. After that you can figure out this new feller.

Ok, criticism incomming - don't read past this point if you're feeling fragile, but I just feel it needs to be said. Even if after this you decide you hate me, I wont mind if only you consider that what I'm saying is from a desire to help you in the long term.

If you want to be treated like an adult and you want to have deep fulfiling long term relationships, you need to act in a mature manner - you need to conduct yourself according to the image you wish to portray and take responsibility for your actions. You need to realise that even in a CDR you SO will not always be there at your disposal and that you need to be able to function by yourself. You need to get a grip and stop letting small shit that you can't control wear you down. Remember: Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things Sometimes you need to take a step back, look at what you have and realise that while some things suck your life isn't that bad. You have food, clothing, shelter, freedom from tyranny, family, friends and love if you choose to keep him. Sometimes misery is a choice, a frame of mind, just as much as happiness is.
              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

First of all, whats up with the 3 day break?
                Second of all, seems to me its time to let go of the relationship. If you are already texting someone else "just for fun" sounds like you aren't really happy with your relationship. It maybe be "just for fun" but psychologically, i think your mind is telling you that you aren't happy so maybe its time to look for someone else. So to wrap up with what i'm saying, you may love your current bf but you aren't happy. So you may want to talk some things out and see where that takes you. And yeah i totally 100 percent agree with the previous posts

Comment

I am going to be honest. Based on all of your posts the past year, I think it may be best for you to end your relationship with John. All I know about your relationship is from your previous posts, so I cannot completely understand your situation, but all of them seem as though you are miserable in this relationship. If you do not agree with what I am saying, then don't listen to it, but do whatever your heart tells you.

First of all, are you just texting Jason "for fun" or are you talking to him like you want to pursue a relationship? It sounds as though it is the second if you are feeling guilty about it. If you guys are friends, then there is no problem with it, but it sort of sounds like you want to date him--which means that you probably should leave this relationship since that would not be fair to John. If my boyfriend said he wanted to date people--even if it was on a three day break (which I would avoid a break at all costs anyway)--that would be the final straw for me. You either want to be with him or you don't. You can't have both. If you want John, quit talking to Jason if you have a crush on him. If you want Jason, dump John right away.

On a side note, I think having a tiny attraction to someone will not ruin a relationship ( I am talking about what Zephii mentioned: You think someone is good looking and you guys get along). BUT, you have to realize that you love John and that you will not let your friendship be anything more than platonic. If you can't guarantee that you will not cheat, then that is the problem.

Comment

I met up with Jason today and I realized I'm not into him and I want to stay with John. Jason and I deleted our numbers from our phones and I deleted everything . I do love John. Thanks for all the posts.

Comment

Thanks for the update! Best of luck

Comment

Thanks everyone again! I know that there will always b lil thongs that will cause me to b unhappy, but I know deep down I wanna b with John. I don't want anyone getting wrong impressions of my relationship. We r like best friends and he does complete me um just having s hard time with the distance

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                          If you want to be treated like an adult and you want to have deep fulfiling long term relationships, you need to act in a mature manner - you need to conduct yourself according to the image you wish to portray and take responsibility for your actions. You need to realise that even in a CDR you SO will not always be there at your disposal and that you need to be able to function by yourself. You need to get a grip and stop letting small shit that you can't control wear you down. Remember: Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things Sometimes you need to take a step back, look at what you have and realise that while some things suck your life isn't that bad. You have food, clothing, shelter, freedom from tyranny, family, friends and love if you choose to keep him. Sometimes misery is a choice, a frame of mind, just as much as happiness is.
                          very well said...
                          Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                          And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                          ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

I'm glad to here that you got things sorted out

Comment

Working...
                            X