The Law of “**** Yes or No”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Law of “**** Yes or No”

Think about this for a moment: Why would you ever choose to be with someone who is not excited to be with you?

The Law of “**** Yes or No” states that when you want to get involved with someone new, in whatever capacity, they must inspire you to say “**** Yes” in order for you to proceed with them.

The Law of “**** Yes or No” also states that when you want to get involved with someone new, in whatever capacity, THEY must respond with a “**** Yes” in order for you to proceed with them.

Posted for your opinions about the Law of **** Yes or No.

For me personally, I like the concept of the Law of **** Yes. However, I don't think that it clears up all consent questions (as stated in #3). The article goes on to say that there are some things out there that one really must ask for consent for. I am not going to assume that since my partner is "**** yes" about me that she consents to anything/everything. There will be some things we need to talk out along the way.

The reason I like this concept is because I stayed in a relationship for years with someone I was never "**** yes" about. I hung in there hoping things would change. Guess what, they didn't. Now if I'm not "**** yes" about my partner, and she's not "**** yes" about me, then I'm not sticking around.

I guess I see the point but isn't it kind of obvious?
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I feel like this "law" is a very wordy, self-congratulatory, guys-look-I-will-solve-your-problems way of saying that relationships are more fulfilling when two people actually are excited to be with each other. Which, lets be honest, isn't really rocket science.
      So, here you are
      too foreign for home
      too foreign for here.
      Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Originally posted by Ejoriah View Post
        I feel like this "law" is a very wordy, self-congratulatory, guys-look-I-will-solve-your-problems way of saying that relationships are more fulfilling when two people actually are excited to be with each other. Which, lets be honest, isn't really rocket science.
        Yeah I agree with this, after reading that I just felt like it was almost a flashy, over hyped way of saying two people have to really like each other to for a relationship to work. But at the same time I can see where this was going. I guess this would make sense for those people that are generally unsure about their relationship and need a little convincing or advice on whether or not they should stay in their current relationship.

Comment

In my opinion, this is nearly a response to "rules". I mean, how many sites and books are out there advising us to call, or not call, go on a date, not go on a date, initiate contact, don't initiate contact... There are so many folks out there giving little hints that when we make ourselves less readily available that other people will find us attractive. Wait until x amount of dates to have sex. Do x on y amount of dates. Don't do x on y amount of dates.

The law of **** yes basically suggests that we toss the rules and show that we are in it. I'd much rather be in it and know my partner is, rather than guessing which "rule" she's going by now.

Comment

Working...
          X