Just visiting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just visiting.

Warning. I'm using this post to vent a bit!
    The tides have been rough on this love-ship with my SO. I've posted in more detail in another thread, but I wanted to start over because all my worries and concerns seem ignorant.
    We've lasted 1,225 days so far and i'm looking forward to several thousand more to come. <3

My SO and I have met in person 3 times so far, in October and December last year, and again this year in May.
    Our relationship isn't that complicated compared to others. we live in the same country, he isn't in the military (though he my join the Navy after college )
    we're both younger with no children.
    It isn't that. bad.

Money is our problem (I'm aware everyone has this issue.)
    In order for me to work and live there my SO and I either have to
    • Get an apartment before i come there.
    • We search for one when i'm visiting.
    • I camp out in his backyard!

I've searched for work in my SO's area, and even got called back for interviews.
    But he doesn't find it financially possible to move out from his families home until after college. (another 2 years)

My last visit in May, I got the weekend off and I took the chance to go see my SO.
    While I was trying to return the following Sunday, we had problems finding the terminal (we were sent back and forth from one terminal to another) and ended up being late. We decided to stay at a hotel that night. I took the earliest bus out the next morning. My bad luck continued and my bus was behind schedule, making me miss my transfer. I didn't get home until the following day. I missed 2 days of work. My boss didn't like that.

Moving on c:[/U]

I'll be vising my SO in 2 weeks, before I find another job. (we're slowly learning!)

I'm always so excited to see him again!

Also, whenever I'm there I always forget to take pictures.
    Anyone from the Memphis area or has been there know any underrated places to visit/eat at?
    I want to be a casual tourist.

Thanks for reading~

If you plan on moving and changing jobs, you might want to do a better job at actually being present at your old job. Work take such things pretty seriously, even if you didn't go absent on purpose, so make sure you have viable back-up plans, like alternate transportation or credit card to buy a new plane ticket. When there was an airline strike in my country, I sat on a bus all night so that I could go to work next morning, because I know jobs sacks for reasons like this. Which is not the thing you want it you want to use your old workplace as someone to praise your glory to the new job.

Everybody has money issues, but you are young and have perhaps not saving or credit enough to be able to secure you the place you would rather want. You could save up for the deposit or borrow money. Perhaps at least for starters you could try living in a shared flat to make it cheaper, that could be your base if you want to go on viewings to find your own place.

If you forget taking pictures, perhaps you can make a list on your phone or something? I find note apps very useful.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...Tennessee.html
    https://www.seriouseats.com/2014/07/...n-memphis.html
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Would perhaps renting out a room be a cheaper option for you guys? That is what my SO and I will be doing for a bit of time. We are closing the distance in about a month and we were (or are?) supposed to be getting an apartment with some friends of his but because one of them still needs to find a job we've missed out on quite a few apartment opportunities and we don't think we will have one sorted out by time I get there so we are just doing a sublease for the time being. They're cheaper than rent for a one bedroom apartment.

Comment

Working...
      X