Leaving on Vacation - and My SO Will Be Lonely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving on Vacation - and My SO Will Be Lonely

I'm leaving for a week-long vacation to Chicago. This is going to be the first time I've had a long vacation where I won't be spending time with my sweetheart every morning and evening.

While he's got something going on to distract him for a few days, I know he's going to miss getting our usual bouts of daily quality time. I will be taking my laptop, and I will be able to catch him once in awhile for a quick chat, but this trip is my first week with my Belgian best friend in 3 years, so obviously she has my attention.

I know my SO is going to miss me like crazy and feel lonely. What can I do to remind him of how much I'm thinking about him? I was thinking about sending him a picture of the day, so to speak, and little random texts/emails, but I was wondering if anyone had other suggestions...

Thanks!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Send him a long love letter before you leave so he gets it during the week. Love letter day is coming up this week too so it would be perfect!
    First date: 12.27.09
    Started the distance: 6.10.10
    Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

Comment

why don't you send one of those telegrams and set the date for one of the days you'll be away?

^^ That's what I'm doing, I have to go on a field trip for uni Sunday for a week, and won't have internet access at all, so this will be the first time in 10 months we haven't had ANY daily contact at all, be it email or skype or whatever, going to miss him terribly =/

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

The letter thing is a good idea. If you can send a postcard while in chicago to him, that'd be cute =]
        Pictures of the day are a good idea too, but I recommend texting throughout the day just to keep in contact with him and let him know that you're thinking about him.
        Have a good time! =]

Comment

love the pic idea...I would send a card...or two to him..so he gets them while you are away...It is hard..but sometimes it is good to have a change of routiene...to change things up...

Hope you also will be checking in here to be sure we hear from ya! But most of all...have a good time with your friend.
          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Thanks ya'll, I really appreciate your input!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Send a postcard or something You will have a wonderful vacation! And you get to tell your SO all about it when you get home

Comment

Working...
              X