New to LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to LDR

I am new to this whole LDR relationship. I met my boyfriend when he moved to NY for a new job. We had our first date and new instantly that we were meant to be together. He went away for work and when he came back he let me know he got promoted AGAIN and was moving back to Seattle where he just moved from. He said he is going to be coming back and forth to NY( where I live) every other week or so so it will be just the same amount of traveling as before but I am just scared. This is the first time in over 5 years where I can be completely myself and he loves me unconditionally. I am 33 and even tho he knows he wants to be with me it is hard for me to deal with all these transitions. Does anybody have the same kind of feelings?

Yes, it is perfectly normal. There might be a bit of adjustment of you are used to mostly close distance relationships. But then again, you might have found somone who is all worth it. And if you see each other several times a month that is considered by most here to be in a lucky spot! Do read up on the threds here and take advice from people who has taken this relationship journey before. Perhaps the joys and frustrations you feel are something some other person felt before, too. Best of luck
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I can understand how you feel. Change and uncertainty can be very stressful. Sometimes you have to try and push those thoughts aside so they don't take over your mind. Just try and let things play out as they will. Think about the long term goal of finally being together in one happy spot or how good it'll be to see him when he visits. Also be happy for the frequent visits since many many couples go months or even a year without seeing each other. Maybe you can find comfort in the fact that he's making the effort to keep coming back to you!
      "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
      Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
      Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
      First Visit: December 7, 2017
      Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

At times I'm terrified. If something happens I can't easily get hold of my boyfriend at all and I can't fly there at a moments notice if something is wrong which is very frustrating. A few times a month sounds amazing to me. I understand it being different from what you are used to and that you probably feel like you are on an emotional roller coaster. But it'll be fine. Just take it as it is. Call as much as you can. Keep in contact and see each other as often as you can and see how things go from there.
        Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
        All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Thank you so much! I am taking it day by day and this advice is so helpful. I think I am mostly dealing with not letting people's opinions of our relationship affect me. Staying positive

Comment

Originally posted by CBH626 View Post
            Thank you so much! I am taking it day by day and this advice is so helpful. I think I am mostly dealing with not letting people's opinions of our relationship affect me. Staying positive
            Yeah there's a lot of negative opinions unfortunately from people who don't understand or who've had bad experiences. But you'll have a bunch of supporters here that'll tell them to shove their negative opinions where the sun don't shine . We're here because we share at least one thing in common and understand the trials as well as the beauty of being in an LDR. Ignoring the haters and staying positive is really the best thing you can do and, at the end of the day, follow what your heart tells you is right.
            "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
            Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
            Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
            First Visit: December 7, 2017
            Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Working...
            X