Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

second thoughts....

My bf asked me to marry him....
    We have been having trouble closing distance and i was depressed the last few months about that. Suddenly day before he proposed to me, told me he wanted to be with me forever and that we'll find a way out of this mess. I told him yes, but now i'm having second thoughts. I am crazy about him but i think he proposed just to make me happy and that he didn't think it thru. I want to ask him to take some time and think if he really wants this, but i don't know how to do that without hurting him. What should i do???

Are you sure you want to marry him? If he's a grown up then he knows that such a big decision requires some thinking, not just "only to make her happy". But he popped the question and here you are wondering if that's a good thing to do.

I don't know how to talk to him, but if you are having second thoughts, you definitely should talk to him.

Comment

First -Congratulations!
      aleksaaw
      I don't know how to talk to him, but if you are having second thoughts, you definitely should talk to him.
      This .....so very important

Comment

I should talk to him...i just don't know how to

Comment

Originally posted by Muth View Post
          I should talk to him...i just don't know how to
          Step one: Think of what you want to say
          Step two: Say it/type it

Comment

Well start with where your concerns are. If your concern is closing the distance tell him that it's been keeping you down and that you need to be more reassured that it will happen. Maybe even ask him to help you get a timeline down about what's needs to be done before you can close the distance. I also think you need to ask yourself some questions like is it really just the distance that's making you have second thoughts or is there something else? Whatever other issues you have, just bring them up. Hopefully he will just listen, be open-minded, and be understanding. There's not always a great way to talk about difficult topics, some times you have to just get it out. If you still feel uneasy just tell him that it's difficult for you to talk about and you're not sure how to word it but you're willing to try, maybe he'll understand.
            "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
            Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
            Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
            First Visit: December 7, 2017
            Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Is he proposing so that his parents will be ok with you/him moving to marry, instead of simply living together?
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                Is he proposing so that his parents will be ok with you/him moving to marry, instead of simply living together?
                I kind of think it is that. Living together not really acceptable to our parents. I am going to talk to him tonight abput this. I am going to to tell him that i want us to close distance first and see how it works before thinking about marriage. Hopefully he will understand. I really don't want to mess this up by moving too fast.

Comment

Best of luck! I understand it's a tough situation, but in the end, it's about you both and not the families. Be honest and work it out

~
                  It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                  A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                  The hands of the many must join as one
                  And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Working...
                  X