LDRs are Everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDRs are Everywhere

Now that I am in one it seems like every other person I meet has experienced an LDR or is currently in one.

Hairdresser: LD for ten months and just closed the distance
    Coworker #1: LD for two years but did not survive (due to conflicting goals)
    Coworker #2: LD for four years but did not survive (due to interest in other people)
    Coworker #3: LD for three yeras, is getting married next July
    Coworker #4: LD for seven months but did not survive (due to conflicting goals)
    Coworker #5: LD for three years, just closed the distance
    Best friend: LD for a year, just closed the distance
    Friend #1: LD for four years, is now engaged
    Friend #2: LD for four years, just closed the distance
    Brother: LD for two years, getting married next July

So, for those who are being told that LDRs never work out you should start asking around because for me I am seeing a lot more success stories than horror stories. I can't wait for the day I post in the Success Stories thread!
    First date: 12.27.09
    Started the distance: 6.10.10
    Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

well thats awesome i do know most LDR'S work out and they get married i cant wait to say one day that im finally closing the distance with Denise, will happen one day just dont know when

Comment

That's so cool! I only know one other person whose in a LDR.

Comment

Really?? I guess before I didn't really notice them but now I discover them all the time. Plus, when I got into the LDR all my friends who were LD felt more comfortable hanging out with me since I wouldn't judge them. It's nice having that support system kind of like this site.
        First date: 12.27.09
        Started the distance: 6.10.10
        Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

Comment

I know a couple that started out as a CDR, but then they lived away from each other for around 2 years, visited occasionally and they are now engaged. My SO and I plan on doing the LDR thing for a little less then a year, then im moving out there to start our lives together
          My <3 is in Connecticut

Comment

it's funny, the group of friends I used to hang out with in highschool, 4 out of 5 of us went LD around the same time, me first, then 2 of them moved to universities in france, leaving there SOs here in England, and the last ones SO graduated so had to move back home till he gets a job. I was able to give them advice/ideas and we all sort of got closer again, since we drifted a bit going to Uni.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
            <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
            The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
            <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
            <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
            Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
            Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

This is awesome. And seriously - I'm there with you, can't wait to post my success story!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

There's a girl in my group therapy who's in a LDR with a guy in South Carolina. I don't know how long they've been together but they sound so happy together, she gabs about him all the time.

Comment

That's so cool that you have tons of people to talk to in person about LDRs.

Comment

It's nice to have a friend around in the same situation as you. One of my roommates my last year of college was also in an LDR (though her bf was only a 2 1/2 hour drive away, as opposed to a 9 hour flight), and it was nice to have her to hang out with on nights when our two single roommates went out on the prowl, whether we stayed in or went out with them.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

That's so awesome! I've only known two people in LDRs, one a friend of mine but it didn't work out for reasons that I don't feel it's my place to ask her about. But the other was my cousin who actually dated online a bit and met various people until she finally met her now husband They've been married now for...um, 5 years? Something around that length. Granted their distance was about a 6 hour drive, so a little different than halfway across the country like I have, but I love knowing that she really understand everything I'm going through when I need her advice.

Comment

Wow! That's amazing! Quite inspirational too, especially for you, getting to be surrounded by so many success stores!
                        In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                        Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                        Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                        My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Working...
                        X