When did you first say 'I love you'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did you first say 'I love you'?

I want to hear about your first 'I love you' with your SO!

Tell me the story of how it happened!
    Date of first time talking.
    Date of first time meeting.
    Date of I love you.

Ooo how fun lol. My SO and I met online September 26th 2014. It's a long story but I was being harassed/bullied however you call it online and he stood up for me. We sent some PMs back and forth until he finally asked me to add him on Skype and I did. We IMd each other all night that night. It was wonderful. He actually fell for me very quickly, like about a week into talking but I wouldn't let him admit it. I felt it was too soon and I didn't want to rush into anything.

I did let him say that he liked me a lot however. We would tell that to each other multiple times a day. I was too scared to actually talk with him on Skype via video chat, so we were IMing each other and having passionate, romantic discussions for more than a month. I remember I was out drinking with friends one night on October 4th (I saved these texts that's how I know the dates lol) and he was out with his friends too and we were drunk texting each other that night. Now when I'm drunk I have a habit of calling close friends of mine babe or baby, and I slipped and called him that. We have been calling each other babe or baby ever since lol.

Fast forward a few weeks later. Now even back when we were first talking, he had a bad habit of just falling asleep mid conversation, cuz he just works so damn hard, and during this time period he had day shifts from 8am to 4pm. So on October 28-29th he did that and I was a bit upset cuz he did that 3 nights in a row at that point and I go to sleep. I get woken up at 1AM to a text from him saying "I'm so sorry. And I'm not trying to fuck this up. When I get up as early as I do it's tough to stay awake especially after dealing with some family bullshit tonight. I'm really trying not to fuck this up. And a lot of it has to do with me having a hard time admitting that I'm kinda falling for you as crazy as that sounds." Things got pretty serious between us at that point, but we were not a couple yet. Even after we told each other about our rough pasts we were still not a couple officially.

We didn't become a couple until his birthday witch is November 2nd. On that night I swallowed my fears and decided to have a voice chat with him and during the end of that call he told me, "Wait. I wanted to tell you that I don't want to be just friends with you. I want you to be my girlfriend." And me being the character that I am I replied with "Idiot. Do you know how long I've waited for you to tell me that." And I just hear him go "Uggggggh really?" I was crying and laughing at the same time lol. It was a beautiful confession.

Now for the main part lol. None of us has said "I love you" yet. We went all day without saying it until the next night when he called me. Again at the end of the call he said very seriously "Kristin, I love you." I gasped and said "I love you too." And that was our start as a couple. We still have yet to meet due to complications with both of our schedules, but we are still in love and still fighting.

Comment

The first time we talked was on the beach close to his restaurant. The waiters were serving people in the sunbeds and my group was in his zone. He asked me what I wanted. I told him I didn't want anything because I felt uncomfortable with the way he looked at me. Then I remembered that we had to order something, and told him orange juice. He brought it super fast. And it tasted so good (fresh from local oranges...mmmm). He walks increadably fast and has a very distinct way of walking, which even then made him stick out to me.

So, that was when we met. He had a funny way of asking me out, he asked my friends before me, or rather he told them we would go out, and soon. Even for tourist Turkey, that is very pushy! He kept asking me out and telling my friends I would date him. Everyone was teasing me about it. My friend who knows him a little bit claimed that he had fallen for me (he told me after we got together that although he has dated women from work before, he in fact has never pursued anyone like he did me). I found him very handsome, and I was impressed by his charming and graceful way of dealing with rejection, but I didn't want to start a relationship with anyone, let alone a long distance one, and he reminded me of my stupid ex. One evening there was a barbeque party with entertainers in the restaurant, and I went there. Again he asked me if I would share a glass of wine with him. My friend for some reason said that he was a nice guy, no kids, she gave me his life story in 5min, made him sound very sincere and responsable. At that point I knew I was very attracted to him. He kept coming to my table, wispering compliments in my ear and was like, for sure you have to date me! And then we had our first date one hour later. First it was akward because we were talking very formal about work and such. Then he went a bit flirty by saying stuff like, if you were my teacher I would always do my homework (I used to work as a university teacher). It was silly but it made me feel really good, because my ex never really respected my job/education. He made me relax by touching my hair. He does it in an amazing way, soothing like a hairdresser's touch but sexy, if that makes sense. I was sold on to him right then. I knew every time he touched me would feel good (I was right). The next day we shared a bed and became a couple . I never had plans for us, I just went by the flow and my gut feeling which was that we are such a good match. He later told me that me instinctly treating him like a boyfriend made him feel like wanting to be with me. I believe his exact words were "I felt loved by the way you looked at me".

The first I love yous and can I marry yous came just a couple of weeks later, long distance. I was gone home to my country and we were Skyping or on the phone every day. I was very shocked by how eager he was! I actually wondered if he had mental problems, haha, I couldn't believe he meant it. I was very happy. He was just very honest. And a bit naive, since he had no real relationship experience! There has been some ups and downs since, but it was easy to commit to him because his view of love is very romantic and I was simply the woman for him.

We still say "I love you", or call each other "love" (In English, Turkish or Norwegian). We usually say "I miss you" more than I love you, we say it almost every day, not in a sad way but like a reminder of our bond over the distance.. I have written on his/our fridge (on a stick-on writing board) "Missing you always".
      Last edited by differentcountries; June 21, 2015, 06:39 AM.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

First time talking? He sat next to me during our introduction week at Uni, and started a friendly conversation with me I had a goal for that day to find some guys to go on a roadtrip with me and my girlfriends, so I asked him. 2 days later we were on the road, and I knew that he liked me from that day, based on his behaviour and how close he would always come to me and seek any form of contact (like talk to me directly, seek my opinion, touch my hand or arm).
        So there is no really first time of meeting, because since the 1st day we talked, we were stuck in the same car with 3 other people for 10days, so we had VERY INTENSE get-to-know each other

I told him that I love him during my surprise b-day trip, 3 months after we started dating. So cliche- I said that when we were busy in bed But to be honest- he planned the best b-day trip for me and gave me amazing b-day card that made me cry.

Comment

We started talking at the beginning of august 2014. We randomly followed each other on instagram since april but in august we talked for the first time because he commented one of my photos. Since that day in august there wasn't even one day where we didn't talk. So talking daily we fell for each other very quickly. Slowly we started calling each other my love and baby and stuff like that and told us that we liked each other... he once asked me a bit drunk through voice message if I now wanna be his girlfriend.. but I told him that it's a bit difficult for not knowing each other in person yet... But deep inside we both knew that we already were a couple in a way. The first time he told me he loved me was mid/end january of this year. We texted while I was at work and he still out with some friends... and he texted me "Listen, I want to tell you something my love" and I said "what is it?" and he replied "I know it's a bit early but.... I love you Steffi" .... so this was our first I love you Because I told him that I love him too... he told me to not say it just because he said it... but I was already thinking about telling it the whole time. So it was just perfect Our first meeting was one month later, on 20th February when we spent 11 days together!

Comment

We first began talking somewhere in probably mid-November.
            We have not met yet.
            Sometime in June i believe. My journal has the exact date but I don't keep track because it doesn't matter when it was said it matters if it was said with the right intentions- which it was.

I just copy and pasted this from my blog:
            "... A week went by without hearing anything from him after that due to him being extremely busy. He did tell me where he was headed, though he wasn't really supposed to do that it was kind of a secret but oh well. However, in the morning I woke up to a phone call from him, saying that he had to call me because they were getting ready to ship out. There were a lot of "I'm gonna miss you" 's and then I heard some yelling in the back ground and he told me had had to go, that they were shipping out right now. So silly me, after saying goodbye I hung up and as I was ending the phone call, I heard him as he was about to say something. So, of course I face palmed that one and immediately called him back. He answered the second time I called. I said, "You were going to say something?"
            "Yeah.." he said, " This may sound weird, but, I love you."
            "I love you too. When I say that, know that I mean it."
            That was the first time we ever told the other we loved them. It was a true movie moment..."
            "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

We started talking around late August/early September last year. I was an admininstrator of the online game she was playing and kept receiving invitations to some private voice chat channel. Eventually I gave in and found myself in a chatroom with three young women who all thought I was their troll friend pretending to be me.
              At first I didn't talk a lot, partly because I'm a little shy and insecure about my accent (even though people seem to like it) and partly because I wanted to maintain a professional distance to the players in order to avoid rumors about corruption. Anyway, their chatroom was quite popular among a bunch of players and I started to get on every day seeing how they all were pretty great people. My now-girlfriend developed an interest much sooner than I did (though I definitely did like her more than the others) and kept trying to start conversations with me. However, it took me until Christmas to realize that I actually kind of liked and missed talking to her.
              Then mid January we sort of confessed our feelings to each other and officially became a couple. It was me who took the next step on Valentine's Day. I recorded myself playing the guitar and singing a love song with verses (including 'I love you') in six different languages.

Comment

We first started talking on a streaming website, but we quickly moved it to Skype around May-June 2010. The first thing I said to him was "Davy, I'm bored. Please entertain me" :P I guess he must've entertained me plenty through conversations as our friendship blossomed and we started having strong feelings for each other. It was a year and a half before either of us confessed we had feelings, and we started our relationship in October 2011.

Our first meeting was October 2012 due to finances for travelling (otherwise it would've been in the summer for my birthday that year). He came to visit me for five days, it was amazing and he was exactly how he was online and still is :3

The first time saying I love you...hmm lemme see. We still have our Skype history all the way back from when we started talking saved into a notepad file so I can ctrl and f it :P and it was actually before we were an official couple haha. We became a couple 17th October 2011 but we first said I love you on the 11th. We were really shy and stuff but I said it first just to make sure our feelings were on the same page (we had told each other we had feelings for each other around Sept 28th 2011). Because I was shy about saying it, I said it like "hey did you know, ILY?" and he replied with "I love you as well" which I then responded with "you doooooo?!!!" and he goes "Yes I dooooo!" haha.

Comment

We started talking in 2010. We met on meetme.com, formerly myyearbook.com. We became a couple around Oct/Nov of that year. I don't remember the date of our first "I love you". He had told me that he felt it but he wasn't going to say it until I did. It took me a few weeks to a month longer to say it to him and he said it right back.

We broke up in May of 2011. Our contact renewed in November of 2013 and pretty much, after we hashed it all out, things just fell right back in to place for us. We both said through the time apart, we still loved each other. I flew out to meet him on Valentines Day of 2014. Since that trip I've been out there 2 more times and he's been here 3 times. I leave on July 3rd for my 4th trip to him. We are hoping to be able to close the distance by fall of 2016.
                  To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

We were pretty far into our relationship, I think. We met in 2005, and did the off again on again thing for a long time. We said the L word often back in the day. We lost contact and reconnected in 2012, and decided to give this a real chance. I think we were close to a year in before I told him I loved him. He didn't say it back until the next morning, but he really didn't need to. I knew how he felt, and I had known for a very long time.

Comment

Date of first time talking.
                      Date of first time meeting.
                      Date of I love you.

Well for us it was a little bit scrambled and not in that order.
                      We started talking in 2012 in February when he had a week off work and decided it would be Zombie Panic! Source he'd play all week to relax, which happened to be my favorite game at that time. I was a Community Leader for that game in my gaming community, so I played a LOT every single day (between 80 and 120hrs / 2 weeks, I was addicted, I know lol) and he fell in love with my voice. He started following me around in-game and once we figured out he had a mic, we started talking in our community's teamspeak and on Steam.
                      After about 2 months he told me he loved me and a month later I told him I loved him as well.
                      We met in 2013 in March for our 10 month anniversary, which happened to match up with my spring break

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                      Married: 1/24/2015
                      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I think we first officially met in September 2010, and I guess started talking then too. We didn't really start talking until November, though. His brother introduced us - they were roommates at the time. We would say "hi" in passing, that kind of stuff, but no extended conversations. We got exclusive in January 2011, and then on Feb 25, 2011, he told me he loved me for the first time. During a performance. In front of like, 1500 people. He was in the men's choir at our university, and the seniors get 2 lavalieres (necklaces. They borrowed the tradition from the Greek life system) - they get one to give to the 2 most important women in their lives. Their moms, and the girl they intend to marry. So they each perform 2 serenades where they bring the woman up on stage with them, they sing to her, and put the necklace on after they do a little speech. It's... well, it's pretty great. But yea, he chose that moment to tell me he loved me for the first time. I half expected him to get down on one knee then too - though I'm glad he didn't. His proposal was equally perfect.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

My SO and I were best friends before we started dating, and when we finally admitted to each other that we liked the other one we were 600 miles apart at different schools. He wanted to ask me out over instant message, but I wouldn't let him. I told him he had to do it the right way, in person. So we made plans for me to drive up and see him on my next break, which is when we had our first kiss.

About a week into our relationship we were talking on the phone (I was back home at this point) and he said I love you. He adamantly claims it was much later in our relationship, but this is how I remember it. Fast forward 3 months- we were skyping and I was sure I was in love with him at that point and I got all smiley and he asked what I was thinking about, but I wasn't ready to say just yet... I didn't tell him I loved him until a couple months later when he was visiting me at school.

sigpic

Comment

Date of First Time Talking:

That was Thanksgiving (US) 2012. November 21, I believe. We met on Plenty of Fish (POF.com). I saw that he viewed my profile, so I went to his, and it made me laugh, so I sent him this dumb "flirt" thing. All it does is let the guy know you're interested in him (only girls had that feature). So, he messaged me and we started talking. In his profile he said that he doesn't initiate conversations with girls on that site, and if someone is interested, to message him first. I asked him about it after we had already started dating, because I technically didn't message him. And he told me that the flirt thing counted.

We talked for a few hours that night, just messaging back and forth and we gave each other our numbers and just texted. The next day, we texted practically all day, and then we added each other on Facebook.

Date of First Meeting:

It was December 1, 2012. It was a big thing to my family that I was going to meet someone, so they made me bring my brother and his boyfriend. He invited me to his Army Unit's Christmas party. We kissed for the first time that night too.

Date of First 'I Love You':

I don't really know. I know it was a few days before Valentine's Day. He was drunk and just kind of said it when we were about to get off the phone. I didn't say it back because I knew he was drunk. The next day I asked him if he remembered what he said. He said he did, but he didn't. So, I asked him if he remembered telling me he loved me, and he said he did. And then, I asked him if he meant it or was it just because he was drunk. He said it was both.

Anddddddddd...that is our story. Lol.

Comment

We said I LOVE YOU to each other last night!! I actually wanted to wait to say it in real wen we meet in sept but i dono how we get into talking abt it and then he admit that he's in love with me when we skype. So before i go to sleep i text him te dua(iloveyou) and he reply i love you too!! Omg i was like the happiest person on earth. Can't wait to meet for the first time!!

Comment

Working...
                              X