UK Passport question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Passport question

Hey guys, my passport has expired but I can't find it. I have an older expired one that expired in 2003. Does anyone in UK know how I go about renewing or replacing it? What do I need? I've looked online but can't seem to find out whether it's renewal or replacement. Everything seems to indicate I need to send my expired one but the only one I have is really old.

Any advice would be much appreciated. TIA

I don't know about UK passports, but when I was due to renew my old old I could not find it. I brought my bank card for id and my birth certificate, and that is what they used to give me a new passport.

The only reason they want your old is to destruct it, I guess. I had to fill out a form that I had lost the previous one and that I was obliged to destruct it if I found it, prefferably by delivering it to the police station - which I did six months later when I found it. Why do you keep your older passports? At least in my country that is strictly forbidden, because old passports can be used for fraud.

I guess the easiest way to find out is to call the local or main police office, or whatever office in your country that is responsible for passport issuing.
    Last edited by differentcountries; June 21, 2015, 12:00 PM.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

In the UK the passport office clip the top corner off the passport and return it. My ex was a terrible hoarder and I found it a few weeks ago when I was looking for my expired one. I thought I would hold into it until I got a new one as I think I will need the number on it or something.

Unfortunately you can't ring the passport office, all enquiries in writing as far as I can see. I can apply online, I just need to know if I'm applying for a renewal or replacement, it's not clear on the website.

Comment

The people in the post office will be able to tell you for certain. I'm pretty sure you'd have to do the replacement option though.

Comment

Ok cool. Thanks 80anthea ��

Comment

The following links on the UK Government's website should help you:
            https://www.gov.uk/renew-adult-passport
            https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...notes_4_14.pdf

On the second link, scroll to page 11 it has "what you need to include with your form"

Comment

Thank you so much JaneEmily, that's really helpful!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn26 View Post
                Thank you so much JaneEmily, that's really helpful!!!
                You're welcome. Good luck with renewing your passport!

Comment

I've called the passport office before and got information from them about my passport which was due to expire this month but I renewed it in march. I think you want a replacement not a renewal.
                  Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                  All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Working...
                  X