Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loneliness after visit

Hi guys!

I just got back from visiting my SO for the first time since we started our LDR. Because of his work circumstances, I was only able to see him for a little less than a day. I had a great time visiting him, and we had a lot of fun, but now that I'm home again I'm missing him way more than before I visited. What are some things you guys do to cope with that loneliness? (My SO and I are only able to call on weekends and text sparingly throughout the week)

Emilia

My SO came in for the weekend and will be leaving late tonight. I am stuck at work today instead of being able to spend the day with him.
    Even though I have seen him more often than normal because of the summer time, it seems like it is a lot harder to say "see you later" than it has been in the past.
    I say that to let you know that you are not alone in this.
    Do you have a date set with your SO for the next time you will see each other?
    That always helps me to have something to look forward to!!
    Stay positive. I find that the pain of my relationship seems to out weigh the good if I let it. Lately, I have really let it. Stay positive and focus on good things about your relationship and yourself. Do things that you like to do. Everyone always tells me on here to stay busy and keep yourself occupied.

Comment

yes, the first post-visit blues is always the hardest.

First and foremost, we plan visits. They are our lifeblood. They also form the basis of our countdowns. I promised SO we would always know the next day we should see each other. Most times I was able to buy tickets a while in advance, if not at least usually had tentative dates and counted down to them.

Second of all, I send him letters. Like, in the mail. It takes three weeks for them to arrive, so when he gets them he knows I thought of him enough three weeks earlier to go buy a card, write him some greeting and mail it to him. I have also sent him packages.

We ofte Viber throughout the day, or when we can anyway, and Skype at least every other day. We send a lot of pictures on Viber, they are like our "mini-Skype".

Sometimes I wear his clothes to feel close to him. I know he holds on to my clothes as well. On my 3rd visit I forgot my dress, and he slept with it in his bed for weeks..."until the smell went away".

I eat food from his country. I listen to his fav songs on YouTube.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

See you laters are never easy for me and my SO only lives 2 hours away. Our work schedules and my school schedule conflicts with us making plans but we somehow make it work.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm usually a mess whenever I have to leave or he has to leave me. He thinks it's adorable at how emotional I get. Anyway, we cope by snapchatting and texting throughout the day. Sometimes he'll give me a phone call in the middle of the day to check in and vice versa.

It's tough and counting down the days suck, but that's how we cope. Hang in there!
        [CENTER][FONT=Georgia]
        Cherie & Jeffrey
        Dating Anniversary: 3/10/2015
        Engaged: 7/7/2017
        Closed the Distance: August 31st, 2017 ♥
        MARRIED: Eloped 11/21/17; Official Ceremony: May 18th, 2018 ♥
        Had our baby girl: May 30th, 2020 ♥
        Settled into our forever home state: November 2020

Comment

Working...
        X