Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeling a little emotional this morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling a little emotional this morning.

Which is partially the result of listening to sweet, sappy old country love songs.

I'm just feeling a little emotional. I love my SO, and I hate that our relationships right now is consisted of countdowns and weekend visits that are just never long enough. I keep myself busy but when I'm alone, laying beside the spot where he once laid several times, it just hits me. We are only 2 hours away but I'm also a graduate student finishing up next May and he works too. We're both busy. I know I need to get used to countdowns and staying busy because he will be leaving for basic training at the end of January and won't get out until the end of March or early April. I know we still have a ways for that. I don't know, I guess I'm just feeling emotional because I care for this man so much.

I feel so lucky to have found someone so incredible to call mine and to find someone who truly loves me unconditionally. After all the past heartache, it is so refreshing to have him in my life and hopefully in my future.

Anyone else feel this way? Silly question, I know we all do, but I'd like to hear how you all deal with these emotional days.
    [CENTER][FONT=Georgia]
    Cherie & Jeffrey
    Dating Anniversary: 3/10/2015
    Engaged: 7/7/2017
    Closed the Distance: August 31st, 2017 ♥
    MARRIED: Eloped 11/21/17; Official Ceremony: May 18th, 2018 ♥
    Had our baby girl: May 30th, 2020 ♥
    Settled into our forever home state: November 2020

Today has been a really tough day, I have some personal issues going on to do with my daughter and it's been really tough. My SO and I spoke on the phone. That helps so much. I am literally just counting days now. We go next month and I just can't wait to be there. Some days are really hard, but as time goes on I have dealt with it better because I love him and I know I will see him soon.
    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
    All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

I find I less mind countdowns and get more focused on if how we can close the distance. I feel so helpless sometimes because I would want things to be different. I can't keep up the frequent visits. I want to work more, and start a family. I don't want out but it sometimes makes me sad that everything gets postphoned.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

i feel this way, i feel like i miss my SO and i haven't even spent time with him in person yet. luckily i will be seeing him in a few days, very excited. nonetheless, i cant help it but all i can think about is when i have to say bye to him at the airport?! its crazy! its like my main thought - above all the awesome things we're gonna do together!
        anyhow, there are some awesome stories of here of how people get through the distance and separation, you should give them a read if you haven't already done so. i know thats what i'll be doing in a few weeks anyway! but just keep the hope. love knows no boundaries, and love knows no distance. just know that you are not alone however in feeling this way!

Comment

Thank you! And how exciting that you're meeting him in person for the first time! The "see you soon's" never get any easier but I know with each passing day and visit that we are the much closer to closing the distance. I will definitely check out those stories! Best of luck to you!
          [CENTER][FONT=Georgia]
          Cherie & Jeffrey
          Dating Anniversary: 3/10/2015
          Engaged: 7/7/2017
          Closed the Distance: August 31st, 2017 ♥
          MARRIED: Eloped 11/21/17; Official Ceremony: May 18th, 2018 ♥
          Had our baby girl: May 30th, 2020 ♥
          Settled into our forever home state: November 2020

Comment

Working...
          X