Is this what love feels like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this what love feels like?

I'm in a dilemma and my buddy told me about this site. I hope I get some help here!

A year ago, I met a girl on a social app. We both live in the same country but she's just here for education. We became good friends and we have always helped, shared about our lives with each other. We've grown very close lately. I've liked, dated a lot of girls before but I never really felt this way before. I never understood what love is and I don't think I have loved anyone before. She makes me feel secure, warm and cozy. When I talk to her, I feel content. We could talk about any random crap for hours and I could share even the most weirdest things about myself and she still supports me. Looking at her smile and happy makes my day.

I don't know why I respect her words so much. I used to drink and smoke a lot and no matter how much I tried, I couldn't stop those. One day she promised me not to drink or smoke and that's all it took for me to stop drinking and smoking. She makes me feel better about myself.

She is outgoing and has tons of friends but she told me, for the first time she feels like she has a best friend (me). We tell each other " I miss you" and we even joke about kids and marriage. Once, she got drunk and told me she loves me..but I guess she meant it in a friendly way. When I got really sick and couldn't talk to her for few days, she cried and got really worried about me. She gets angry if I don't talk to her. But I guess she is just being compassionate and friendly. I really have strong feelings for her but I don't want to tell it to her and ruin our friendship. We both are moving to different countries next year.

Even though we live a few hours away from each other, we haven't had the chance to meet. We might meet in a few weeks. I don't understand her..whether she really likes me or she's just being friendly towards me.

You will know when you meet her.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

In terms of -your- feelings, it sounds like you're definitely really into this person and you may indeed love them. As for her feelings, that is harder to say-- it SOUNDS like the kind of relationship you'd expect between two people who love each other romantically, but there is an element of that that you won't know until you have a discussion with her about it.

Personally, I think it's better to talk about it and know where you stand rather than to live in ambiguity but keep your friendship. That stuff eats away at you and it kind of makes it a miserable friendship. It's possible that she doesn't feel the same way about you, but if you can find it in you to accept that that's a possibility and still want to talk to her, your friendship doesn't have to end even if she doesn't think of you as more than a friend.
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by janemba View Post
        we even joke about kids and marriage.
        Tam and I used to say "Can we just go get friend-married and talk about games and fictional characters all day? " and let me tell you what that evolved into! Sounds like you definitely have some good feelings going, but like everyone says, meet up and you'll definitely know for sure!
        Met: Apr 2013
        Mutual interest: July 2013
        Relationship Began: November 6 2013
        First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
        Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
        Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
        Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
        Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Sounds perfect to me! My SO and I also started out like this, it sounds very similar. We were best friends for months, and that developed into a relationship..

Comment

She makes me feel secure, warm and cozy.

Looking at her smile and happy makes my day.

She makes me feel better about myself.
            Is this to say that you are not usually secure within yourself? Relying on someone else to make you feel these things is not love.

She gets angry if I don't talk to her.
            Not sure if that's love, either. My partner misses me if I don't talk to her, but I can't say that she gets angry. That doesn't remind me of love.

However, this is what media, movies, and songs tells us love is.

Comment

Working...
            X