Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ldr but looking at the light at the end of the tunnel

trying to look forward when we will be together again

That's the best thing you can do! I know the past few weeks have been rather emotional for my SO and I. We spent an entire week at the beach together 3 weeks ago and haven't seen each other since except Skype and Snapchat. We will be seeing each other this weekend though and we are ecstatic! Hang in there!
    [CENTER][FONT=Georgia]
    Cherie & Jeffrey
    Dating Anniversary: 3/10/2015
    Engaged: 7/7/2017
    Closed the Distance: August 31st, 2017 ♥
    MARRIED: Eloped 11/21/17; Official Ceremony: May 18th, 2018 ♥
    Had our baby girl: May 30th, 2020 ♥
    Settled into our forever home state: November 2020

Comment

i agree with c_denise3 I once read a quote: "there are rewards for perseverance". and it couldn't be more true. there were times, through the cancellation of tickets, being a military gf etc that I felt like there was no hope. but i found the light! and we will be seeing each other in 2 weeks! hang on in there, every moment is precious when you find the beauty of it. keep communication strong, and plan for when you will unite hopefully soon. good luck!

Comment

Can I ask a question? You mentioned you were a military gf. My SO will be leaving for Navy basic training in January and we will only be together 10 months when he leaves. His training is only 2 months long and I will nearly be finished with my masters program once he graduates.

He and I are a little scared and saddened by having to be away from one another with merely letters as communication but we know we will survive it. Once he's done with basic, he will be shipped to South Carolina for Nuke school. As previously mentioned, I will be very close to being done with my degree, in May to be exact. He will be about a month into Nuke school once I graduate. I guess what I'm asking is that, do you think it'd be a good idea to mention the possibility of me moving down there to be close to him once I'm done with my degree? I know he will be living in the barracks and will be busy with school, but would it be a bad idea? I can't imagine living 8 hours away from him and I'd plan ahead with apartment and job hunting before I made the move. He has made comments about the possibility, but I'd just like some advice. Thanks girl!
        [CENTER][FONT=Georgia]
        Cherie & Jeffrey

Comment

Originally posted by c_denise3 View Post
          Can I ask a question? You mentioned you were a military gf. My SO will be leaving for Navy basic training in January and we will only be together 10 months when he leaves. His training is only 2 months long and I will nearly be finished with my masters program once he graduates.

He and I are a little scared and saddened by having to be away from one another with merely letters as communication but we know we will survive it. Once he's done with basic, he will be shipped to South Carolina for Nuke school. As previously mentioned, I will be very close to being done with my degree, in May to be exact. He will be about a month into Nuke school once I graduate. I guess what I'm asking is that, do you think it'd be a good idea to mention the possibility of me moving down there to be close to him once I'm done with my degree? I know he will be living in the barracks and will be busy with school, but would it be a bad idea? I can't imagine living 8 hours away from him and I'd plan ahead with apartment and job hunting before I made the move. He has made comments about the possibility, but I'd just like some advice. Thanks girl!
          Hey there. Yes my SO is a sergeant in the U.S. Army. I understand how you feel totally, and the worry of being separated with minimal communication is a main thing that any girlfriend or spouse faces when their partner is in the military. Fortunately, there are some ways around it and it can be fairly important life changing decisions (such as relocating somewhere) or less invasive such as altering your communication methods.

Can I just ask why the communication would be merely by letters? When my SO was in Afghanistan last summer although communication was extremely sparse, they had some signal for the Internet and access to cell phones (towards the end of his deployment).

I'd say to you that as much as you love your SO, it is very important to think about your well being equally. Living alone can be a very stressful task, especially if your family and friends are from a different state. It can get very lonely. But if you're fine with that aspect, I think it's a sweet idea. You will need to support each other of course.

Do you have a back up plan? How does your family feel about it? I think from your profile you've met your SO once? Just consider how you would both be able to deal with it and how he feels about it.

But honestly I wish I could have done that with my boyfriend. So all I can say girl, is that if you search in advance, find a cute and affordable apartment and a decent job then go for it! If it's what you both want. But don't compromise your lifestyle for it, don't work like 3 jobs and be stressed all the time and unhappy etc cos it will affect your relationship! It can work even if you are distant. Little bit of background info: I'm in London, UK, and my boyfriend is in North Carolina. But we have a strong bond.

Make sure you're set, happy and your SO is happy to have you close. (Sometimes it could be stressful because he might want to try and please you, see you often but torn between military commitments. One thing: I can say that the army definitely controls their life. Not in a bad way but it's their top priorities, once you sign up its almost like they "own" you, sometimes it can be hard to have an outside life.

But if you want to chat at all, about anything, direct message me!! I'll be more than happy to chat with you, share experiences and get to know each other

Comment

Oh no, I've seen my SO multiple times. We are currently only 2 hours away from each other so that makes it somewhat convenient to visit often. I need to change that in my profile, lol. I will definitely direct message you!
            [CENTER][FONT=Georgia]
            Cherie & Jeffrey

Comment

Working...
            X