Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a little help on this one..

Hey friends!

This is my first post, so I'm sorry if it's not very descriptive.
    Just a few details before I start;
    I'm 18 years old (19 on Friday)
    We've been dating for 6 months.
    Life has been so much more happier with him.

Basically, Mum and myself never had a particularly healthy relationship so when I started meeting my boyfriend in person, I would lie to her about it saying I was staying with friends for a couple of days a month (I have no idea how it even succeeded?) whilst I travelled 260 miles to spend time with my man for 4 days and yes, it was a very horrible thing to do but at this current point in time, my parents would of mostly held me back from going which for me was not a choice I was ready to accept. Anyway, the pot has now been overturned and of course in the end, they always find out. She's a very nosey woman and whilst I was away, she read through my statements and found out I was not staying with friends but I was in my boyfriends city - she found out I'd been a couple of times. She isn't against him as such, but the problem is that he doesn't have a job. My parents believe that because he doesn't come and see me that he is taking advantage of me whereby I spend too much to go there every month and to hear this sickens me but I know it is expensive (£120/$188) however, I'm doing it because I love him out of my choice and he isn't forcing me. He recently sold some items of his to come and see me for my birthday, which alas is brilliant because it gives him chance to prove to her how wrong she is but I have a horrid feeling she won't let him due to this 'He's taking advantage of you' bullcrap..

I'm stuck and I don't know what to do because god damn, this man makes me the happiest person alive when I'm with him. Please help? How do I convince Mum? Is there anything particular I could say?
    Last edited by Hannarh; June 28, 2015, 03:05 PM.

She can't stop him from coming to your city. When he comes tell your mom he is there and you want her to come to lunch with you and meet him.

Comment

Why is it costing so much to see him? You should be able to get a coach much cheaper than that, or even train if you get a young persons railcard and book in advance. Even look at flying options as you can book pretty cheap flights from the south into Manchester.

That aside, how are you paying for it? If it's your own money and you are financially independent then it's none of your mum's business what you do with it. If you're still living with her and she's contributing financially to your life then she has every right to have an opinion.

Comment

I am guessing she only has the weekend to spend and so she chooses the fastest option which is more costly.

But yes...who supports you? wild guess is your parents and you not paying to live at home. So they do have a say about your economy.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
        X