Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure how to deal

Hello

So my I'm a girl, and I met my gf online. We had a very complicated relationship in the beginning, with a lot of heartbreak caused by me, even before we got together or even so much as thought about being together. I didn't really know what I was doing when I decided to meet up with her as we weren't really sure if we were going to end up a couple - she wasn't sure if she could trust me again, and she had strong feelings for me, she wasn't sure if I could ever return those feelings. We decided we have come too far to call it quits, and I went interstate to meet her. Turned out to be the best decision of my life. 6 months later, we have met once a month and I am head over heels for this girl. She used to live alone, and I lived at home with my family. We would talk on the phone every single day, which turned into facetime every day, and also turned to facetime for the whole night, and we say bye when one of us has to go to work. But now, after we have had 6 visits, I feel I'm the one that's way too invested into the relationship. We have also changed, I moved interstate and she now is living with friends. The last visit we had, I was literally in heaven, it was the best few days of my life. I felt like I was too much, but I couldn't help it.

Now that we're both back at home, she's busy with work (I had one week left of vacation after our trip) and as I have just moved interstate, I only have a few friends, and am still finding my feet in terms of a social life. For the whole week, I have been moping around at home, feeling depressed and missing her, and she seems to be fine. She goes to work all day, then comes home and hangs out with her roommates, when we facetime for about an hour or less, because sometimes she is really tired.. Then we sleep. We also had plans for her to move over to my state, so we can live together, but it will be a bit of a struggle to get everything sorted for her to come in terms of her finding work, and completing her studies, which she doesn't even know if she wants to do. I have been pretty excited about this plan, we both have before the trip, but when I mention it now, she isn't so sure about it. She said as it's becoming more of a reality, she is getting scared about it. I said it was fine, and I wouldn't bring it up anymore. I just feel so out of the loop with her life, now that she's living with friends, and now she's not so sure about moving. That was the one thing that kept me together when the distance was getting too hard for me - for both of us.. and now our "plan" is seeming kind of hazy.

I'm thinking maybe I was a bit too much after this trip, and I am scaring her. Not sure what I should do now..

Moving is a big step for most people. It's easy to get exited about the prospect of being together and not want to think about the boring stuff that needs to be done to make that happen.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
      Moving is a big step for most people. It's easy to get exited about the prospect of being together and not want to think about the boring stuff that needs to be done to make that happen.
      I agree with this 100%... many people are so excited about being together, that when they take a step back for a minute to look at everything that needs to be done it can be overwhelming. Maybe don't rush it? I know distance sucks, but rushing to close it and move to be together too soon can strain the relationship more if both partners aren't ready and on the same page. Have a talk about it and maybe plan for her to move at a later date or when she's more comfortable.

Comment

Meet with your friends. Get busy living life. That's great that you found someone, but you cannot make that someone your life. You need to have a life yourself. Here's how I look at things: I need to be a complete person with a complete life. I need to have hobbies, friends, interests, a job, social activities, and personal development. So does she. Neither of us can give everything up in hopes that the other "completes" us. I need to be complete, and she needs to be complete. For me, having a partner means that my partner is an ADDITION to an already complete life. She is an addition to my complete life. She cannot become my life.

Comment

I'd ease off on mentioning the move. My SO and I are in the middle of closing the distance and it's extremely stressful and we are just in different states so I have no idea how hard it would be for people in other countries. I'd say just focus on your life and trying to do things with friends, you won't feel so lost waiting to hear from her then too! Hope that helps!! Hang in there!!

Comment

Working...
          X