Suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions.

Hello, Im not exactly sure where I should have posted this..

My SO and I, like to play games a lot and most of our time go with that, lately we can't seem to find any though and it makes him really annoyed, yet I cannot do anything to cheer him up, since I feel like I have tried everything.. It gets very frustrating to me, since its been going on like this for over a month now.. We try a game, think we like it, buy it and it ends up making him feel annoyed, depressed and makes him hate himself.

I tried to find something on this site, reading the things people do together with their SO, yet it seems more like he just wants to game.. So yea.. It leaves me with not that many options left.. I want to make him happy, but feel like I can't lately.

He really wants a similar game to Dark Souls and the game which is coming out, Blade and Soul.. And was wondering if anyone of you got any suggestions such as games or maybe just an idea to how I can handle a situation like this?

I would gladly suggest some games to you, but honestly, it seems like the issue is elsewhere. If he can't enjoy time with you outside of gaming, that's worrisome. A healthy person would not react with selfloathing and depression to not having a videogame to play. How is he doing in his private life? Is he under a lot of stress, or could he legitimately have depression?

~
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
    The hands of the many must join as one
    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Is he feeling competitive with you when you play these games? Do you tend to do better at these games than him? His masculinity may be hurt when he isn't thriving as much as he'd hope he would. Sometimes with gamers they get so caught up in the game they forget that sometimes their SO just wants something to do with them. And so if the game isn't all that they want it can really hurt their SO. I know I've struggled with this in the past, and I still do since my boyfriend is so fickle with games.

Here's what I own as far as online/co-op options go:

Minecraft
      Terraria
      Dungeon Defenders
      Dungeon Defenders: Eternity
      Dungeon Defenders 2
      Trine 2 (there is a 3 coming out too)
      Orcs Must Die 2
      Orcs Must Die: Unleashed
      HIZ1 (there's also other games such as Rust and Ark)
      Portal 2 co-op
      Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
      Mario Kart 8
      Battleblock Theater
      Castle Crashers
      Darkspore
      Divinity: Original Sin
      Don't Starve Together
      Dungeon of the Endless
      Magicite
      Sanctum
      SpeedRunners
      Torchlight 2

Comment

Well, he just ends up feeling annoyed, since we can't find one and because he feels bad that I spent money on the game.
        Normally we used to play on omgpop, which we had fun on.
        We both like gaming and it just feels like we think less about it when we focus on playing a game together, he told me the other day, that when we can't play and mmo or such, it makes him think more about the fact that we are apart, which makes him feel down..
        There's some sickness in his family atm and his confidence is not that high..
        So yeah.
        He ends up feeling better the same day.. But sometimes it goes on for the next day and sometimes it takes a few days and he starts to think about that we don't have a game which we can devote us to. He likes Challenges and feel like he get that from games.

Thank you for the suggestions og the game btw! Saw some we have not tried yet, I will look more into them.

Comment

He's actually better that me. He just gets bored of the game and feel like it do not Challenge him enough.

Comment

Welp, that's what Steam sales are for, and Kinguin. You can get games for pretty cheap on that website. Most games cost money, and if you guys want more ways to spend time together he needs to accept that you may need to spend money every once in awhile.

Comment

Well, while it is true that a lot of games cost money, Steam has a HUGE selection of Free to Play games in all genres!
              There is shooters (Warframe, Planetside2, Dirty Bomb, Gotham City Impostors, Zombie Panic Source, Team Fortress 2 to only name a few), MMOs (LaTale, Ragnarok), TCG (Gems of War, Solforge), etc. etc.! I only try the ones my siblings recommend, but my little brother downloads most of them and tries them!

If you have the time, go check out the Free to Play games, most of them are pretty cool (even though some might require registering an account on a website, but *shrug*, they're free, so who cares? :P)

I also recommend the Humble Bundle! https://www.humblebundle.com/
              You pay what you want (starting from $1 - ???) and get a bundle of games. The husband and I sometimes buy a bundle for a dollar each and get 3-4 games that we can play together. It's really worth it!
              Last edited by snow; July 7, 2015, 12:33 PM.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Alright, i will try this. Thanks to both of you for all the advice and ideas. 😃

Comment

Working...
                X