July 4th weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 4th weekend!

Did anyone else spend the 4th with their SO?

I had an incredible weekend with mine. We went to his dad's house and watched fireworks on the beach. We had lazy days where we just cuddled on the couch and watched movies, and we had some fun little adventures! I was thankfully off from school and work on Monday so I was able to make it an extra long weekend with my sweetheart, I even surprised him with dinner and his favorite dessert when he got home from work! I left to come home this morning (7/7/2015) and it was so hard. Lying there in his arms, feeling his tender kiss, and caressing his soft skin was absolute heaven and we dreaded having to get up to get ready for the day. Needless to say, I was emotional wreck all morning and on my way home.

Regardless, we had an amazing weekend together. We talked about our future, loved on one another, and created some wonderful memories! I can't wait to visit again soon! How about everyone else? Any exciting stories?
    [CENTER][FONT=Georgia]
    Cherie & Jeffrey
    Dating Anniversary: 3/10/2015
    Engaged: 7/7/2017
    Closed the Distance: August 31st, 2017 ♥
    MARRIED: Eloped 11/21/17; Official Ceremony: May 18th, 2018 ♥
    Had our baby girl: May 30th, 2020 ♥
    Settled into our forever home state: November 2020

Well, Tam had to leave on midnight on the 4th (Cheapest ticket) so not really. I had a fun day but I was sad.
    However we celebrated Canada Day
    Met: Apr 2013
    Mutual interest: July 2013
    Relationship Began: November 6 2013
    First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
    Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
    Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
    Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
    Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

I did spend the Fourth with my wife! It was my very first too! Odd considering how long we've been together but I guess it just never fell that way. We went to a park in Quakertown to watch some pretty awesome fireworks. We brought a blanket, snuggled and took some pictures. I loved it.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
      Married April 18th, 2015!!
      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I arrived here on July 3rd and I'll be here until Friday. It's always better for me to plan trips when there are holidays so I can get extra time off without using vacation days.

He's had to work every day but it's nice being here when he gets home. He's liking having dinner ready when gets home LOL. It's nice feeling like a regular couple, even if it's for a week. Grocery shopping, watching movies, falling asleep together (me moving to the couch because he's snoring so loudly) - it's just enjoyable.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Doesn't it feel amazing welcoming him home?! That's what I love when I visit my SO when he has to work. I know it also gives him something to look forward to when he gets home. Actually being like a "normal" couple even for a week or weekend is absolutely amazing! I'm happy to hear you got to spend time with your love over the holiday as well
          [CENTER][FONT=Georgia]
          Cherie & Jeffrey
          Dating Anniversary: 3/10/2015
          Engaged: 7/7/2017
          Closed the Distance: August 31st, 2017 ♥
          MARRIED: Eloped 11/21/17; Official Ceremony: May 18th, 2018 ♥
          Had our baby girl: May 30th, 2020 ♥
          Settled into our forever home state: November 2020

Comment

Working...
          X