X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She said..

*deleted* please remove

I'm in the same situation. At least sometimes. My SO is still friends with her ex-boyfriend and she also shared her first kiss with him. I don't know why, but it bothers me. Whenever he comes up in a topic I go all quiet... and jealous. I try to deal with it, but I sometimes can't help it. She doesn't really understand why I get that way, so it can cause tensions between us. Hm.

Comment

you can't, but you can learn to deal with it- I get jealous of my SOs exs all the time, though I know he doesn't care for them anymore.

I had a lot of trouble with some of my SO's Exs, I'm still not comfortable with the situation, but I have learned to trust in his love and devotion to me. One ex was trying to break us up for months, even though I'd never even met her, she was telling him I was ecstatic when they fell out. I didn't even know of her existence till he told me she was giving him ultimatums. She was basically holding their friendship hostage, saying if he didn't break up with me, their friendship was over. to be honest I'm glad they aren't friends now, I could never get on with someone who treats him like a puppy to be trained rather then a person.

But to me it sounds like they haven't had contact in a while, so I don't see the problem? Most people have a dating past, what matters is she wants to be with you now and loves you. You can't hold her past against her if you weren't involved at the time.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

My love and I both have been married...have children with our exes...and have constant contact with them. I was with my ex for 17 years. He is my ex for a reason. There is no love there...and definitely NO feelings. I love my love soo much and I now know what true true true love is. We all have pasts...it isn't easy to let go...but we have to...because it is the here and now that matters. What happened in my past is what made me ME. I am wiser and definitely more open and loving. It isn't easy...but if you approach it as....YOU are the one they are with now...and focus on that.....Take care.xx
        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by L3m0n4d3
          I love my SO terribly.. and hearing her say things on her facebook like "is sick of dreaming about you every night and even more sick of waking up in the morning without you." it kills me inside..
          I completely understand. As nicole says... it shouldn't bother us. We weren't involved with our SO at the time, but still. I can't help it. I wish I could though. Because, just like you, I love my SO with all my heart and I know that she loves me. I shouldn't feel this way. But for some reason I do.

Comment

Originally posted by NaNi View Post
            I completely understand. As nicole says... it shouldn't bother us. We weren't involved with our SO at the time, but still. I can't help it. I wish I could though. Because, just like you, I love my SO with all my heart and I know that she loves me. I shouldn't feel this way. But for some reason I do.
            well, at least it shows you care deeply for your SO, I think mine would be worried if I wasn't bothered by his Exs threatening the relationship. He gets jealous too, its natural in a relationship, you just have to learn to put the jealousy aside and see all the amazing parts you have left.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
            <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
            The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
            <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
            <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
            Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
            Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Everybody, and I mean everybody, has a past. When you are with someone, you need to accept that, as you cannot expect them to jump into a time machine and change it for you. You either accept it, or you move on as nothing can be done about it. My ex-husband used to beat me over the head with mine, for things that happened over 10 years previously, and it never accomplished anything except to cause me to have extreme resentment towards him, that turned to hatred.

Don't ruin a good thing over stuff that has nothing to do with you, and frankly, really isn't your business. You'll regret it later if you do. Get over it, or move on. Ask yourself what good it's doing either of you to dwell on things that are no longer relevant.
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                Everybody, and I mean everybody, has a past. When you are with someone, you need to accept that, as you cannot expect them to jump into a time machine and change it for you. You either accept it, or you move on as nothing can be done about it. My ex-husband used to beat me over the head with mine, for things that happened over 10 years previously, and it never accomplished anything except to cause me to have extreme resentment towards him, that turned to hatred.

Don't ruin a good thing over stuff that has nothing to do with you, and frankly, really isn't your business. You'll regret it later if you do. Get over it, or move on. Ask yourself what good it's doing either of you to dwell on things that are no longer relevant.
                Moon.. you're my fkin hero. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X