Having a rough night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a rough night.

I'm really missing my babe. He recently had to take on a second job, and ever since, our communication has been really crappy. Whenever he does have time to talk, he chooses to do other things and basically ignores me. It annoys the living hell out of me because I just miss him. I'll be seeing him this Thursday and he's spending the weekend with my family and I, so I plan to talk about this with him then. My SO and I are very emotional people (I more than him), but we are both stubborn and read into things way too deeply. If I were to express how upset I am over this communication bullshit via text, he would get upset and read into completely wrong, that's why it's just more appropriate to discuss this with him in person. A friend of mine tried to make me feel better by saying, "he may be doing other things, but you're still on his mind, trust me." I take some comfort in that.

I don't know, I suppose I just needed to vent. Any of you ladies (or gents) experience this? How'd you pull through it?
    [CENTER][FONT=Georgia]
    Cherie & Jeffrey
    Dating Anniversary: 3/10/2015
    Engaged: 7/7/2017
    Closed the Distance: August 31st, 2017 ♥
    MARRIED: Eloped 11/21/17; Official Ceremony: May 18th, 2018 ♥
    Had our baby girl: May 30th, 2020 ♥
    Settled into our forever home state: November 2020

I'm going through this currently with my SO. What your friend said is so right though. You are always on his mind. Getting a second job is just what needed to be done right now, and will ultimately mean that he is a man who wants to keep his stuff together. Be proud of him and encourage him as much as you can, but definitely explain how the little communicating makes you feel. He's busy, but he's still with you. You should read my post "Little Communicating: New to LDRs" to see how I can relate. Not being able to talk when you want absolutely sucks.

Comment

I am in a similar situation. My SO works FT and is in school and he spends most nights studying. He also has to do a lot for his son and his mom sometimes. I am supportive and very proud of him but I miss him like crazy. I hope everyone is right about being on his mind.

CharmedDK

Comment

What you need is something to look forward to that will make up for it. Plus usually a little communication will be possible. We have issues rights now because his scedule makes him exhausted, so even if he has time to talk he will rather sleep or be alone to wind down. I really need for him to tell me that he misses me, that is what I focus on.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Comms with my SO is always a nightmare due to the time difference and being on the different ends of each other's days. We only get to chat maybe once a week, if not fortnightly. In between times we message as much as possible on whatsapp, share a secret FB page and send little bits and pieces to each other by post. There's also voice messages for when only hearing her voice will do but we aren't able to call.

I used to worry about the fact we talk so little but I've learnt to accept this fact and the other ways we communicate are just as valid.

Comment

Thank you all! It's tough, but we manage to talk briefly throughout the week, a few minutes here and there. I was just very spoiled with constant communication up until he had to take on a second job.

I just try to keep myself busy and count down the days until we see each other again. That's really all I can do. I can't wait until we can actually close this distance!
            [CENTER][FONT=Georgia]
            Cherie & Jeffrey
            Dating Anniversary: 3/10/2015
            Engaged: 7/7/2017
            Closed the Distance: August 31st, 2017 ♥
            MARRIED: Eloped 11/21/17; Official Ceremony: May 18th, 2018 ♥
            Had our baby girl: May 30th, 2020 ♥
            Settled into our forever home state: November 2020

Comment

I highly, highly suggest sending one message every day at the same time talking about your day and whatever you aren't able to talk to your SO about when you talk if it's a short conversation. I send one to my SO every night and he sends me one in return every morning. That way we are able to feel like we're still communicating and a part of each other's life without needing to both be available at the same times everyday to do that communicating. It's basically an easy way to communicate and feel connected without having to spend of ton of time (that it sounds like he doesn't really have right now) doing so.

Comment

Working...
              X