My goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My goodbye

I knew I'd have to say goodbye the moment my boyfriend had landed, but whenever I'd get upset about it he'd just tell me not to think about it and to just focus on out 12 days together. Being 964 miles apart was hard but there's nothing we can't make it through! So as the week went by, before I knew it I had to say goodbye. It was the day of him having to leave I was telling myself I won't cry when I have to say goodbye even though i kind of already was crying to begin with on the car ride to the airport.. But I was alright when we were getting his boarding passes, then we asked if I could go past security with him to wait for his plane, I got denyed. I started crying more than I ever have. I didn't want to say goodbye. He looked me in the eyes and told me everything is going to be okay, And that we're gonna see eachother again soon. The man whom gave my boyfriend his boarding passes said that we might be able to get past security if we asked secueity at the door. Then we heard that it was time for him to board his plane, so we walked to customs I think it was or security I'm not quite sure.. But then he was in a rush because he didn't want to miss his plane, so we went and he showed the woman his ticket and asked if I could go past with him to wait for his plane and the woman said no. He had to go and I was crying my eyes out before the women's even said that short but heartbreaking word, I saw that coming. He was in such a rush that I didn't even get the chance to give him my biggest hug that I could. The woman was saying he has to now NOW at that moment. I walked away crying after the hug and he pulled my arm back to him and he kissed me and told me he loved me. We were both crying our Eyes out but I was like scream crying when I couldn't see him through the glass anymore. He was crying on the 1st plane back, and I was crying for literally a week straight nothing could calm me down because I missed him. I missed waking up to him, I missed his presence, I missed his hugs, I missed his kisses, I missed when we were walking he'd randomly stop me and kiss me then tell me how beautiful I am. I missed when we were on a walk he'd put me on the inside of the sidewalk and he'd be on the side where the cars pass by every time. It'd make me upset because what we had been waiting for which seemed like forever was now over and passed. We were back to texting and FaceTime.. That's better than nothing, but I'm so great full that we even had the opportunity to meet in the first place! Me and Tristen are planning on closing the distance after high school! I'm really looking forward to what the future holds! Me and my boyfriend Tristen can get through anything and everything including the distance! 12/27/14❤️

Saying goodbye is never easy, I think anyone on here can perfectly understand what you felt like. I wish I could tell you that after the first time it becomes easier, but unluckily it doesnt (I still cry every single time, even when we have another meeting planned already!)
    I know there's not much we can say to cheer you up now, just think that you clearly had a good time and that another meeting will come up. What I can advise you is keeping yourself busy as you go back to "usual days" and before you know it you'll have another countdown going hopefully
    Oh and... why not keeping a diary about the days between this meeting and the next one? Or writing about what you did on those days together? I did it with out first meetings and it's really really nice to go back and see how things have grown. This would keep you busy and give you a nice memory for the future at the same time

Comment

Thanks so much! I'll definitely start writing a diary, that's a really good idea! I'm starting to feel a bit better, but it still gets to be that he was so close to me but now he's so far away

Comment

HONEY!! I understand completely!! I actually just had to leave my love at the airport an hour ago. Like you, I was scream-crying. I get asked if I'm okay by random strangers, even! My boyfriend lives in England and I live in the US (roughly 4,000 miles), so I understand the extra-long distance as well. (: I can say from experience that goodbyes won't get any better emotions-wise. Our first goodbye was me leaving England last summer. We were asleep when his mom woke us up to say that my cab to the airport (his car wasn't working so he couldn't drive and his mom had work) was outside. My love and I had four minutes to say goodbye before I was shut in the cab and watched--while sobbing--his frame become smaller and smaller out the back window. Ever since then, we have had a visit in the winters and summers as well. We have had more time together to say bye since the first goodbye, but it will never get easier. I always cry like a baby!

We all feel for you, love! I am sobbing while writing this, even! His glass of orange juice was still on the table when I got home. ): Just bear in mind that as soon as he lands (well, I am responding days later so he has already landed), you all will be able to Skype and plan the next visit. The routine of him (sadly) not being there will return, and you can begin looking forward to this winter! My love and I are closing the distance soon as I am 18 and going to uni over in England next year. I think everyone on here can agree when I say that it will all be worth it in the end!

Sorry this was so long! Keep your chin up, love! xx
        Last edited by AlexaNicolexo; August 20, 2015, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X