A New Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Love

So. This is new. His name is Adam and we met through a Supernatural amino app. On the app you can talk to other people from around the world that watch Supernatural. Him and i met in a chatroom and we started role playing. It wasn't sexual or anything. Its like when one person is reading from a script and the actors say their lines out loud. Well, we ended up talking to each other more and by the third day of us talking, he told me he loved me. His exact words were, " why do you have to be so cute? I love you! " i froze, blushing really hard. I thought i was being stupid by falling for him when instead we fell for each other. He lives in Alabama and i live in Texas. Its hard but its worth it. But i want to know how to keep on going. How do you stay strong?

Originally posted by Kris92 View Post
    So. This is new. His name is Adam and we met through a Supernatural amino app. On the app you can talk to other people from around the world that watch Supernatural. Him and i met in a chatroom and we started role playing. It wasn't sexual or anything. Its like when one person is reading from a script and the actors say their lines out loud. Well, we ended up talking to each other more and by the third day of us talking, he told me he loved me. His exact words were, " why do you have to be so cute? I love you! " i froze, blushing really hard. I thought i was being stupid by falling for him when instead we fell for each other. He lives in Alabama and i live in Texas. Its hard but its worth it. But i want to know how to keep on going. How do you stay strong?
    Hi, welcome to LFAD.
    I was slightly thrown back with this statement, "Why do you have to be so cute? I love you!", I think we all know that it is impossible to love somebody after 3 days of talking on a chatroom. Have you seen a picture of each other? And I'd suggest meeting up ASAP to see if the connection you share is real.
    Good luck.
    Love is patient, Love is kind, Love never fails.

Comment

You're 23, and yet this story sounds as if maybe you were 16. Not because of the roleplaying of a TV show, but because you think when a boy says you're "cute" and that he "loves you" after 3 days means it's actually legitimate and possible (the love part). I think maybe you should take it easy. Seems like infatuation to me because you both have something in common. Maybe wait a few months to decide if it'll turn into "love". 3 days to love someone? Not possible, sorry.

Comment

First, Welcome.

But, um, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that he didn't actually mean that he loves you, as in he's IN LOVE with you. The way he said it was in the form of an expression. Ie. something cute: "Ugh! I LOVE IT!" Or, whatever. 3 days isn't enough to even know if you really want to be with someone.

I agree with the other posters in that this is probably infatuation at this stage. How long have you actually been talking? Are you two actually in a relationship? Or, are you maybe jumping the gun here?

Comment

Originally posted by lykim View Post
          Hi, welcome to LFAD.
          I was slightly thrown back with this statement, "Why do you have to be so cute? I love you!", I think we all know that it is impossible to love somebody after 3 days of talking on a chatroom. Have you seen a picture of each other? And I'd suggest meeting up ASAP to see if the connection you share is real.
          Good luck.
          Ouch! why you gotta be so rude, don't you know I'm human too?

Comment

I don't think lykim's message was rude at all and their questions were legitimate. We've seen a lot of people get played, so they were probably just trying to look out for you. Telling you to be careful. Get to know your friend and see what happens. That's all.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
            Married April 18th, 2015!!
            Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
              I don't think lykim's message was rude at all and their questions were legitimate. We've seen a lot of people get played, so they were probably just trying to look out for you. Telling you to be careful. Get to know your friend and see what happens. That's all.
              I forgive her, I'll be the bigger person here. I got no time for people like her...

P. S. She's my girlfriend and she's just playing around with me.
              Last edited by lykim; August 19, 2015, 09:34 AM.
              Love is patient, Love is kind, Love never fails.

Comment

Hi Kris92,

welcome here and I wish you the best! I find that daily contact and planning visits are the most important things to stay strong, as well as focusing on your own life. I also like writing cards and we both like getting each other small gifts, and going out to eat together when we meet up.

ps. I have no idea what your bf meant, but my boyfriend told my family he loves me and proposed to me after having knowing me a week. Got to love spontanious people! I don't think anyone knows what "makes" people love other people, although of course it is useful to meet up and to use time. My boyfriend has not been in love before but he said he just knew with me. Next month we celebrate our 2 year aniversery. It took time to really get to know each other, but we would not have bothered learning if we did not love in the first place.
                Last edited by differentcountries; August 19, 2015, 09:40 AM.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I honestly don't know what to say. He said he loved me. I am not jumping the gun, it's not like i want to marry him, i don't. We talk to each other every dau and night. We've sent each other real pictures, so we know what we both look like. If its not possible to fall in love after three days, whats the point?

Comment

Of course you can feel a connection after three days. That's valid! Nobody is disputing that. However, don't you want to find out more about him, see where the connection leads you, before you treat it like a serious romance? You deserve to be with someone who's right for you, not just based on initial sympathy. Enjoy what you have and see where it goes, but if you already set yourself up for something serious before even really getting to know him, you're not giving yourself and each other time and room to breathe and really know what's going on.

~
                    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                    The hands of the many must join as one
                    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Originally posted by krestrada View Post
                      Ouch! why you gotta be so rude, don't you know I'm human too?
                      hahah I know that song too!! And yes, I knew you and lykim are together

Comment

Originally posted by Kris92 View Post
                        I thought i was being stupid by falling for him when instead we fell for each other.
                        I'll share how I stay strong. I stay strong by taking my time, spending time with friends and family, focusing on work, and taking good care of myself. I spend my time living life. I don't have constant communication 24/7 with my SO, and my SO wasn't my SO in 3 days. Within that 3 day period, I was still asking questions, and getting to know her. I hadn't had time to "fall" because I had a lot to learn still about her.

Sure, I liked her a lot, but I was in no way, shape, or form, in a position to fall for her. I still had a lot to learn yet. I had my own life to live, and had to take more time to get to know her. So, no, it was not a new love at all. We've been dating 5 months now and have just begun to exchange 'I love yous."

Slow down. That's how I stay strong. Easy does it.

Comment

I'm just going to say that anyone can send a picture. Have you video chatted with him yet, or talked to him on the phone yet?

I legitimately don't feel that he actually meant he loves you, like I said, I feel like it was a form of expression. Unless he has said it since. My first boyfriend told me he loved me after 2 weeks. I knew it wasn't real...and I was 16 at the time.

I just feel as though it's a little odd being that you'd only been talking for 3 days, but suddenly you're in a relationship and supposedly he loves you. Maybe that's my cautious side, but in all of my relationships we talked for weeks before we even considered dating to make sure the connection was there. My SO included. He wanted to wait until we had met in person a couple more times. We didn't even tell each other we loved each other for a few months, to make sure what we had was real.

And, try not to take such offense and get defensive with people's advice on your thread. All of us have been in our LDR's for quite a while, some of us in multiple ones. Our advice is genuine and not meant to be rude or taken in a bad way.

We have definitely had a few people on here make threads about how their relationships weren't what they thought, and their SO's not what they thought. One in particular sticks out to me that was made a few weeks ago. The OP posted that his relationship was basically over because his SO disappeared. He figured out that he really didn't know his SO at all. She never called him, no video chat, no last name, no Facebook... Etc.

This is why we worry and are posting the replies we are.
                          Last edited by whatruckus; August 19, 2015, 01:08 PM.

Comment

How I keep it strong, is I have a really strong connection with my SO. I have to be honest with you and tell you that for me, what kept us together for the most part is having a date to look forward too. My SO and I set a date and month that we were going to meet eachother, yeah there were always doubts in our mind if we were actually gonna get to see eachother but we saved up money for a plane ticket, made the date of the week official and we downloaded a countdown app on our phones to keep us pumped. Often times for me it didn't feel real that it was actually happening, but it was.. Before I knew it we were in eachother's arms. But as I was saying that's mainly how we stayed strong. Also we would write eachother letters and I got me and him an LDR bracelet! I can't tell you that there are no bumps in the road because of course there is. My boyfriend used to tell me all the time that the distance is really hard for him.. It's really hard for me too! I gave him some space to let him think about things, he messaged me the next morning because I went to sleep that night but he said that he stayed up all night thinking... And he said the distance is only an obstacle we have to concur. That really stuck out to me... Me and him have been through a lot.. My mother didn't approve of the relationship, I moved in with my father and in all honesty the argument can't tear a relationship apart because if you both are strong enough then you will not let some arguments split you apart. Me and my SO made a promise to eachother that if we every breakup, the reason will never be because of the distance and any argument. Me and my SO are strong enough to make it through everything and anything!

As of the whole 3 day thing, not impossible... Me and my SO started talking after 2 days and we fell for each other hard and fast.. We didn't start dating until about a week after because he and I both were too shy to ask eachother out.. But when he did ask me, it took him a whole night to get it out of him! Haha, I remember that night so well! I was and still am head over heals for him! I used to write Instagram posts about him and then people assumed we were together for months and they ask how long we've been together then I would respond with "about a week" and they'd all face palm.. Now we've been together for about 8 months. And in those 8 months we'd have people saying it's not going to make it and that it's not a real relationship.. But now we have people saying "they're still together!?" I'm sorry that this went a bit off topic, I just got carried away! Just don't rush into anything, but once you're in your relationship if you're not already... LDR's are so magical because when you first meet that person, the hugs, the kisses, everything is just so much more special! The distance is worth it once you get through it! Me and my SO plan on closing the distance in a few years once we're out of high school.

Comment

All om my relationships, we started dating right away. I am usually causious, but when it comes to love I just throw myself out there. And I have been told that is a rather lovable side of me. It melts people. By all means, be caucious. But you can fall in love fast and still take care of yourself.
                              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                              X