Head over Heels❤

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head over Heels❤

Hi All, Im Em and I met my LFAD bf a month ago. I randomly went on KIK messanger and we both liked each others pic and from there our friendship grew and grew, where now we are falling in love. Myself ir Mark never thought this would happen but it has abd we are so happy. Im from the UK and Mark is in Jacksonville, Florida. We are saving to meet each other in a couple of months, is there anyone who has as much distance as me and mark i think its about 5000 miles😕 and a 5hr time distance which does make it hard but We message all day and skype call every day.

Would love to chat to people with similar situation.

Thanks Em xx

Welcome to the club... My SO and I are not soooooo far away, still different countries. More like 1000+ miles in between but totally worth it!! Hope you guys get to meet each other soon! If you ever need anything just say so!

Comment

Good news, you're only about 4100 miles away, so closer than you think! https://www.geobytes.com/citydistancetool/

Welcome to LFAD, there are many, many of us with that kind of distance and time zone difference, and more. We have a 7 hour difference, for example, but we're used to it at this point. Take a look around, you'll be surprised at how many people are in international relationships here
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Sounds similar to me! I'm also in the south of the UK and my guyfriend is in Orlando, FL - so not too far from yours! Met online last September, met in person in March/April, I stayed for a few extra weeks over June/July and already booked to go over again at the end of October for another few weeks!

Time difference and distance can be frustrating, but he is the most wonderful person and we get on so well, talking on Skype for hours. I was there for 6 weeks last time and we didn't fight or have a disagreement even once. He's used up all his vacation time from work for this calendar year already, though he's hoping to come over early in 2016.

Also, try to avoid Florida during the summer! Early Spring, late Autumn and Winter are ideal. And it's good that there are direct flights to Orlando International from Gatwick as well as good deals, not to mention super-easy to get a hire car, since Florida is such a huge holiday destination for British people (I swear almost everyone I know is going there the next couple of months), so it's not too difficult to get over, though you may have a fair bit of driving to get up to Jacksonville.

Comment

I am so new to this. My SO and I were very skeptical about this LDR. But so far it's working out great for us. We are only 14 hrs away from each other and a little over 1133 miles apart. But it's worth it! I have so much confidence in our relationship that ik will last a lifetime. I hope everything works out for the best.

Comment

I'm in a transatlantic LDR too. We met through Facebook back in 2012 and became really good friends. We helped each other through some really tough stuff, my marriage breakdown and his anxiety and depression not to mention he had a serious illness that almost took his life... Our friendship blossomed into love and after a hell of a lot of setbacks, we finally have a date when are going to meet in person! 41 sleeps and counting. I cannot wait to see my lover in the flesh after all this time although the nerves are kicking in now! Stick with it, I truly believe when you meet someone and have such a strong bond, you owe it to each other to explore the possibilities but huge sacrifices have to be made. I am totally sure my guy is worth it though!

Keep us posted.

Comment

Hi Em! I'm basically in the same situation as yourself! I'm from the UK and my SO's Floridian, although she lives on the gulf coast. I'm going to Florida to see her again mid-September!

Comment

Working...
              X