The wait gets longer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wait gets longer

I fell in love with a girl from England 4 months ago. We already know we will meet this July, a little more than 10 months from now.

We love eachother very much, we talk and FaceTime everyday.

She is 18 a bit younger than I am, and her parents say next year that she has to go to a 4 year University, which I have no problem with since an education is important. But this means we have to wait 4 more years to live together.
    I only have two years of my American university left. Once I'm done with that I'm thinking of moving there for 2-3 years while she finishes up her university and then move back to the USA with her.

Am I crazy for wanting to do this?

My thought is sure it's 4 years, but in 4 years we will still be in our 20s with so much more life left to live.

I'm looking for any advice on how I can keep thinking positive with this long wait ahead of us.

Thanks for any advice

If you want to see where things go do, but no one gets into a relationship right off the bat expecting it to last long term. Get to know her, see if she is worth waiting four years for. i am still learning things about my SO a year and a half in and still am not 100% I want to marry him. Take it slow, see where it goes. You don't have to sign a contract going into it

Comment

Yeah I completely understand, I'm definitely going to visit her first and wait before I for sure do anything.

It's just hard AT THIS POINT to see myself without her.

Comment

Waiting is always hard, especially if the plan of being together has been pushed back. I was 14 when I met my SO and we've been together for almost 4 years. We started out in high school and so we had to wait till we were done until we could actually meet. There were many times during us being in high school that we were able to meet, but it just didn't work out. Trust me, everything will work out at the right time

I do agree with snow_girl. Get to know your SO and see where that goes. Throughout any relationship, there will be new things people will learn about each other. Don't rush or force things. It is frustrating when you want something to happen now, but it's just not possible and that can be the worst feeling in the world. Also, as snow_girl said, see if she is worth waiting that long for. In the beginning of a relationship, couples go through the "honeymoon" phase. This is where the relationship is filled with happiness and excitement. Having a new relationship and being infatuated with each other can be exciting. As the relationship goes on, the phase will eventually die down. "The marriage phase" as I've heard people call it. This can be when the fights start coming along and you find out things you really dislike about each other. I think this part of the relationship is most important because it tests the strength of the relationship. I hope this helped a little.

I wish you luck in your relationship

Comment

Working...
        X