Going back to long distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back to long distance

Hey guys, it's been a while. I don't know if anyone did keep up to date with my posts, but here's the short story. Me and James broke up ages ago now, and I am totally fine with that. We still talk every now and then, but there isn't anything there. Kaleb was a complete mistake, but he has a girlfriend now and he's happy.

So what about me? In January, I started going out with someone from sixth form. We had been friends since I started, and he always liked me but I was with James. Anyway, nearly 8 months later and we're still together. I am incredibly happy with him. I never thought I could love anyone as much as I loved James, but the way I love Micheal is indescribable.

So here is the problem. On the 19th of September, I am moving to university. It's not that far away from home, but far enough. Technically I will be in a long distance relationship again. I don't really know how to feel about it, because I've been so used to being able to see Micheal when I want to, and it's been normal. Which is what I always wanted. Me and Micheal are both planning on getting part time jobs aswell, because we both need the money. I'm just scared that with everything going on, we won't have time to see each other and we will argue a lot. I know it's not going to be easy, but I still want to be close to him. I don't want our feelings to change.

Has anyone else been in the same situation?

Long distance is different for every relationship and even within the same relationship after every visit/change in one of your lives. It just is. You have to find a way to adjust to that change and find a rhythm that works for both of you. You cannot be scared that the same problems that you had with your ex are going to happen again in this new relationship. I'm not sure how far it is, but you should be able to see each other much more frequently than you saw your ex (despite not having time..you have to make time). However, I will say that starting university is an exciting time! Make sure that you're getting out and meeting people and having fun. There are too many freshman that go and spend the whole time either with their SO or pining for them. This is your chance to explore who you are and have the time of your life! With that being said, long distance will not be easy. It never is, but your feelings won't change unless you two aren't right for each other.

Comment

Working...
    X