He is on his plane ride home, prayers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is on his plane ride home, prayers?

I prayed to God for something to work in our favor here. He spoke with his boss who can likely get him a job transfer here (he works for a major automotive company) on a workers visa. He would then renew that every year for 5 years and become a citizen or we get married before that, file him for a green card and he is a citizen in 3 years I believe it is. So we basically have to save up, he has to file his papers, his boss takes it from there and we hope for the best. He wants to move here 110% for sure. I was worried months ago he would miss the UK but he actually dreads leaving the US, not just me lol so I am relieved. If it absolutely came down to no other option, I would go to him. So I am basically asking for prayers this works out for us. We would like to make this happen and have him here before the year is over but that is going to be tough. If not by December, we are hoping for February. I just don't know how long work visas take to process. I wont be seeing him again until November, possibly December if we get this visa thing rolling and we are able to save enough to get him here.

Either way he is my best friend and I want him in my life for as long as I live, and beyond that permitting. He is on his way back to London right now. His plane took off just 30 minutes ago. I been a mess since he left. We both cried. It was so hard to let him go. The first visit was rough saying goodbye, the second wasn't as bad but this one by far had to be the worst. I truly feel for anyone out there going through this. Specially people with anxiety issues. It is hard but I know this is real, true agape level love and I am not giving up on it or him.

If anyone knows how workers visas work in the US please let me know. I am not 100% certain on them but his boss has done it before for someone else to go to Australia.

prayers wont get you anywhere, hard work will.

Comment

I'd say they make a nice combo together: prayers & hard work.
      Your situation sounds like things are rolling nicely as it is and if not, you won't die if you have to wait another 6 months or a year or even two.
      It will strenghten your relationship

Comment

It sounds like a plan, but be prepared that it might take a longer time than you expect. Even if his boss manages to get him a transfer, there is no guarantee he can get it soon. I found something online about temporary work visas which seems to apply to your situation: https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...igrant-workers
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I agree that both prayers and hard work will help. Neither is mutually exclusive in almost any situation!

That being said...I just got home today from a weekend visit and I struggle with anxiety issues so I'm with you. Sending prayers your way and hoping for the best for you. We're here for you!

Comment

Working...
          X