Missing him/Depressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing him/Depressed

I miss him so much, I keep crying and I don't know what to do. I love him but i'm worried his family will try to set him up with someone new his stepdad tried to get him to break up with me before going and his mom doesn't think I'm the one for him. Another worry is there is this girl that lives next to him. I'm worried they will set him up with her or something. I haven't been able to talk to him much the past 3 days due to him not having internet and being really busy getting settled in. The part that hurts the most is not knowing when I will be able to see him again. It's hard for me to go see him because of transportation issues and if I were to take a bus I would have to leave not long after getting there because they won't let me stay the night there and hotels are so far from his house. His mom mentioned him staying weekends with me once in a while but only when they go to pick up his younger stepbrother who already said he is not going to visit them at their new house.

You will see him again the day you buy a bus ticket to see him. If there are not hotels nearby, you can look around for pensions, Airbnb or similar, or look into if the hotel has a pick up service. If you dry your tears and start looking into practical solutions, I am sure you will forget about girls nearby. It is important to have a visit. If you don't have the money, you can still try to pick a date and save up. In a short while when he is settled, I am sure he has the time to talk to you again, and you can make plans together.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Sounds like your insecurities are having a field day with you.

If he decides to go out with someone because he feels pressured by family, that decision is ultimately on him... His family cannot be blamed for that. He would have to own responsibility for that. Same for the girl next door. That's on him if he takes interest in her. It sounds you are wanting to blame his family for your own insecurities or inability to trust. I hear that he does not have internet, but does he have a phone?

Also, is he not planning a way to see you? Why is the responsibility of figuring out how to see each other falling on you? Is it solely your responsibility? Has he indicated that he wants to see you? A little bit of communication might go a long way.

If there are no phones or internet, then I would sit down and write a letter. Sometimes it helps to write out things on paper. It helps me to sort things out when I write things down.

Comment

Originally posted by hmrambling View Post
        Sounds like your insecurities are having a field day with you.

If he decides to go out with someone because he feels pressured by family, that decision is ultimately on him... His family cannot be blamed for that. He would have to own responsibility for that. Same for the girl next door. That's on him if he takes interest in her. It sounds you are wanting to blame his family for your own insecurities or inability to trust. I hear that he does not have internet, but does he have a phone?

Also, is he not planning a way to see you? Why is the responsibility of figuring out how to see each other falling on you? Is it solely your responsibility? Has he indicated that he wants to see you? A little bit of communication might go a long way.

If there are no phones or internet, then I would sit down and write a letter. Sometimes it helps to write out things on paper. It helps me to sort things out when I write things down.
        He does have a phone but we don't get to talk much since he's been busy alot since moving. We are trying to plan the first visit but it will only happen if his mom agrees to bring him in november. He asked her and all she said was We'll see that usually means no. The whole plan can only happen if his mom brings him since neither of us a car or money. I have been searching for a job with no luck

Comment

I don't really have any advice, since I can't see my guy either. And I'm also finding myself crying a lot... I feel so lonely. However I wanted to let you know your not alone! I try to tell myself that at least we're lucky enough to have someone to miss.

Hope you two can find a way soon to see each other

Comment

To be honest, it sounds like a whole hell of a lot of excuses to me. A quick google search tells me that you two are only two hours away from each other. Yes, not ideal, but not impossible. I get the fact that you have some obstacles in your way but right now it sounds like YOU are the only obstacle. As differentcountries said, dry your tears. Either you can sit here complaining that there is no way to see him or you can use that same energy to find a way to see him. Another quick search said that there are tons of hotels in Thomasville, I don't know where he is in comparison to that, but I don't believe for a second that they are all "so far away". Also, you're both adults, can't he join you in a hotel for the night?

As far as the "other girls" part goes, if you are out of sight, out of mind to him then you have more problems than just his parents being against your relationship.

Lastly, the communication part. All I can say is excuses, excuses, excuses. Long distance is what you make it. You have to have a serious commitment to communicate on a regular basis even if it's not ideal. Yeah, he may be busy moving, but is he seriously busy from the moment he gets up to the moment he goes to bed? He doesn't take an hour break to eat a meal or watch some tv or whatever else? If he gets a pair of headphones he could be unpacking while he talks to you!

Comment

Working...
            X