Lonely, maybe going a little crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lonely, maybe going a little crazy

So I'm two hours away from my bf. I used to travel down to see him but I can't anymore due to being in-between jobs I don't have the gas. He lives on his own, which I'm temporarily at my parents till I get back on my feet and we're not at the meeting the parents stage yet. So it made sense for me to drive down there. Because of money, I can't text, I can only get on Facebook when I have wifi.... Since that's our only form of communication I tend to get bent out of shape when I don't get a response from him but see he's on... I've noticed he doesn't respond to add many posts as he used to on there. I know it sounds like petty things to worry about. But I should also mention my dad hates me (don't know why) and feel unloved/unwanted daily by him which has my spirits down. So I'm craving affection/wanted. Am I just going crazy??? Just a case of missing him too much??? Or am I seeing flags that I should be cautious of??? I don't have a worry that he'll cheat... He truly is a kind hearted man.... Just so hard! How do you all do long distance for so long!?

I really don't understand what the issue is here. You're mad because he doesn't respond to posts on facebook as much as he used to? It seems like you're trying to create problems where there are none here. I'm not sure where your dad fits into this, but it sounds like you have more important things to be worried about than your SO not responding to as many posts on facebook as he used to.

Comment

If your SO lives on his own, and you have a car, cant he give you some money for gas? Or/and texts?
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

You are 33 and I assume your so is older as well? Again, if he lives alone and can affording earner etc, why is he not visiting you or making an effort? How long have you been together??

Comment

Maybe speak to him about it, and tell him what you've told us, that you feel like you need more communication from him.
          60 days until i fly to texas.
          6th august 2017 - the day i made you mine.

Comment

You're not at the meeting parents stage yet? I assume you haven't been together very long then? I'd been with my boyfriend for 4 months and I said hi to his mom on skype once before my first trip over (which was when we were together 4 months). We've been together nearly a year now and I spend time at his parents house when he is at work (on trips). He hasn't met my mother yet but we live in different countries on different continents so it's different.

If he lives by himself could you not spend the occasional weekend there? I don't see the harm in him helping you for gas/text money if you are a couple, of course until you get back on your feet.
            Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
            All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

You have to be strong and independant and truly love eachother and do whatever you can to stay and be together.

9 outta 10 people are either too young or do not know what they have started but once reality kicks in relationships start falling apart.

Everyone experiences missing your partner a lot its a nasty feeling but you have to deal with it think positive and stay strong...and be true to yourself...if you cant handle that dont continue to do so.

Comment

I feel your pain. My LD partner only communicates on text. I have to ask him to talk on the phone. On Facebook, he can be sarcastic with me, but super friendly with everyone else. It's kind of annoying and it also irritates me when he doesn't "like" my posts or comments. I know this sounds petty because for God's sake, I'm an adult here and why should I care? It's difficult when you see that they are on FB and have responded to people, but haven't texted or called YOU. Sometimes I think that this whole Internet/social media thing is evil and has caused more harm than good in certain respects. I don't have much advice to offer, but just wanted you to know that you have someone in your corner who understands what you are going through.

Comment

Working...
                X