LDR Connection and Communication Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR Connection and Communication Problems

My boyfriend and I are long distance, having not met each other irl before, and not for another couple years or so. We're almost 9 months into our relationship now, and in the beginning it was more than perfect, my boyfriend had told me a few days ago he feels like we're losing that connection and asked if I felt that too, I did. I love him more than anything and I'm trying my hardest to fix this, it seems we have nothing to talk about anymore and his replies are often one worded, he says he loves me still, but I just need some advice to regain the spark and connection we once had. It hurts so bad, and I want us to work out so badly, I don't know what more I can do, I don't want to lose him and I know that we're losing our connection because of our communication problems. Which I feel can be fixed if we both put in the effort to but I'm just not seeing the effort from him.

Is it because you are young that you cant meet?
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Yeah we're both still in high school so we're unable to meet at the moment, but we do have plans to meet senior year. (sophomore and junior)

Comment

Do you guys ever do things together aside from just talking? For example; simultaneously watching a movie, Skyping, playing some sort of online game, etc. I have found that if all my boyfriend and I ever do is talk, sometimes we do run out of things to say. But if we do things together, it makes it easier to find things to talk about. Another thing that has made things easier for us is that I work, and my boyfriend has a lot going on with volunteering that he does, and he has been working on finding a job. So there isn't really a chance for us to talk all day every day and get burned out. We are both homeschooled, so towards the beginning of our relationship (even before dating), all we ever did was talk. Because there wasn't anything else for us to do. There were times that we really ran out of things to talk about. Then we started gaming together, and doing other things, and our conversations became really fun again. Very rarely do my boyfriend and I have times that we don't know what to say, and I have never really felt like I was losing connection with him, so I'm probably not the most help in this area... But I'll at least share what works for us and see if that at least helps you a little.

Try not to be too discouraged. It's pretty normal in an LDR to hit some patches once in a while where it just feels like you are running out of things to say. Just try to find things to do together to keep things fun, and see if that helps.

Welcome to the forums, btw!
        ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
        Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
        First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
        Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
        Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
        Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

Working...
        X