This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel useless

So, as I type, my SO is lying in hospital bed somewhere in Southern Florida. I'm not with him though. I didn't even answer his calls when he called me this morning. Granted, I was asleep but still..I feel like I should've known. Like my spidey-senses should have tingled or something of the sort. It's not even as simple as asking his family because they speak Spanish and I do not. I'm actually learning Spanish right now, but anyways: that's not the point. The point is that I'm worried about him and I don't know how he is and...I feel like such a bad girlfriend because I'm not there. I know that it's not my fault, but that information doesn't make that pill called distance doesn't go down any easier.I don't really know what I'm looking to get back from you all. I guess I just need to know that I'm not the only person who has ever felt this way? I don't know....

UPDATE: I have received word from the SO himself. He has been released from the hospital with a diagnosis of vertigo. Naturally, I googled exactly what vertigo was and the plus side is that a lot of people just get used to it and it sorta goes away. That's fantabulous. Anyways, sorry for the dramatics even though no one has seen this but me.

Comment

At least it wasn't anything too serious. Hugs!

Comment

Yeah, that's what I said! Funny thing is that when he called me to tell me he was okay the first thing that I said to him was "You sound drugged up."

Comment

I'm glad that it all worked out.

In LDR's there are going to be times when something serious happens and we can't be there. There are international couples who can't afford to just hop a plane and even people who are only a few hours apart but for some reason can't rush to their SO's side. It's all a part of being in an LDR. You do the best that you can with what you've got to work with. It can feel like you're not doing anything but the support you provide, even from a distance, will mean a lot to your SO. It's all a learning process for each of us.
          To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I know, I know. In the moment it all just sucks though.

Comment

Originally posted by meela_madness View Post
              I know, I know. In the moment it all just sucks though.
              It does. But remember, you can be there in person with your SO sometimes and there's nothing you can do to help them. All you can do is sit by their side and offer encouragement. Being physically close to someone doesn't mean you can necessarily do anything.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

This is true. How did you get to be so wise? Will I, in time, be as wise as you?

Comment

This is true. How did you get to be so wise? Will I, in time, be as wise as you?
                  Because I am old and have lots of experience LOL

Comment

UPDATE: I have received word from the SO himself. He has been released from the hospital with a diagnosis of vertigo. Naturally, I googled exactly what vertigo was and the plus side is that a lot of people just get used to it and it sorta goes away. That's fantabulous. Anyways, sorry for the dramatics even though no one has seen this but me.
                    Vertigo just means you are constantly feeling out of balance because the world is spinning and they dont know why. It is a possable symptom of many conditions. It can be seriously affecting daily life. I had it, it was horrible and it was affecting my ability to cross a street because I could not see cars coming until they were really close up. I had to go on a though medication that made me feel like a zombie. Even then, it did not go away more than half, I was unable to walk far, so I was tested for my vision, hearing, everything. After a long time, it turned out I had untreated celiac decease. If you want to be a responsable gf, don't be happy they fond no real answers. Be sure he gets follow up by his GP, especially if the vertigo continues. As you say, it could be nothing, but the case is not closed yet.
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Oops. Forgot to close the thread so things like that don't occur.

Comment

Working...
                      X