USA to Holland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA to Holland

Hi, can someone tell me what i need to do to get my girlfriend over to Holland from USA for longer than 90 days? What i need for that?

I thought that those from the US could travel to Europe for up to 6 months on a tourist waver? Someone will step in and correct me if I am wrong.
    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
    All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ella85 View Post
      I thought that those from the US could travel to Europe for up to 6 months on a tourist waver? Someone will step in and correct me if I am wrong.
      Not without applying for an additional visa, no. The visa-free tourist travel is for up to 90 days every 180 days.

~
      It'll take a lot more than words and guns
      A whole lot more than riches and muscle
      The hands of the many must join as one
      And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Originally posted by Miasmata View Post
        Not without applying for an additional visa, no. The visa-free tourist travel is for up to 90 days every 180 days.
        I thought that was for waivers going into the US. When my ex flew in 2007 they gave him 6 months. It must have changed since.
        Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
        All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

My understanding is that she would need a residence permit. This involved A LOT of paperwork, biometric data, fees, and proof of finances. I believe the only way she can get this is to work or study in the Netherlands. For extended periods of time (you didn't specify if it's a long vacation or a permanent solution), there are unmarried partner and marriage visas you can get to sponsor her stay. I don't have a lot of information, but the internet is your best friend in this situation.

Comment

Yup, she'll need to apply for an 'mvv' (Machtiging tot voorlopig verblijf) and then a residence permit. Same questions as asked above though, why would she visit you for more than 90 days in a year? Or do you want to get her to live here?
            This is the procedure: https://kdw.ind.nl/KnowledgeRoot.asp...rocedure&jse=1 Really, you can find all the information you need on the website of the IND.

Comment

Working...
            X