This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found out....

This will be a really short just bit of shocking information.
    I just found out that my girlfriends sister is pregnant.
    Happy news it may seem, apart from that she's 13.....

Wow. I can't say anything not knowing the situation, but I have a lot of faith in young mothers, and I hope she can take this experience and make it positive for both herself and the child.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

OMG! That is....really shocking, I can't get my head around it..
      I find it hard enough when I hear about people who are 16 and pregnant...but 13?
      Hope everything goes okay.
      Last edited by BoogleBee; September 8, 2010, 11:51 PM.

Comment

She's a wild head and not the smartest.
        But she's also lucky to have me and Katelyn to support her. She's catholic and she's said she want to keep the baby so well we have to support her in that decision and help her in any way we can. For me i'm very good with children and i love to take care of them so i will be happy to babysit all the time so she can go to school and carry on with important parts of her life, the crazy days are over though i will make sure of that.
        We will help her all the time and i hope she's smart enough to realize how much we care for her. The next thing we have to help her with is breaking the news to her parents.
        It's pretty bad. She's been to juvy and correctional institutes and so friday two weeks ago she returned to the family for good from those places and the next day she got pregnant.

Comment

*Shakes head*
          She's too Catholic to abort it, but not Catholic enough to keep her legs closed. I really don't understand that.
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

wow...that is so sad. My friends 14yr old daughter just had a baby...kids are acutally wanting to have children at that age..because they want to "be a young mother" It freaks me out. i am glad with my kids, since I have boys, I only have to worry about 1 thing and not a billion..if you catch my drift.

Comment

So she's not getting an abortion, has she at least considered putting it up for adoption? It's one thing if she were 15, 16, or 17 and she could get a job. She's only 13 though, and most likely her body isn't prepared to handle a pregnancy well. Girls under 15 are more likely to have underweight or premature babies. Both of those can lead to a baby with brain damage. Can you honestly tell me she can raise a baby with something like cerebral palsy? She isn't even old enough to get a job, he can't drive, and I assume she's not even in high school.

If you're really going to help her, I suggest taking custody away from her. Remember, this is a human being once it's born. A little person with wants, needs, feelings, and fears. Then I need to raise this issue as well. Does she truly comprehend what it is to raise a child? Does she know what it's like to be responsible for another person who depends completely on her for the next 18-22 years if she's lucky? Has she ever had to babysit for more than an afternoon? If not, it's time to test her. Make sure she can do this. Don't risk her child's life.

Comment

She's always been on the crazy side. And no matter how strange it sounds, but to quote her dad's words: "We are dealing with a thirteen year old who look like a twenty year old".
                And that is basically what we are dealing with. She's probably experienced more then some of us have experienced in our entire lives.
                When it comes to raising the child, there idk really know for sure. I have hopes that the child will make her slow down and become responsible.
                I know for sure that she will not be raising it alone. But it all comes down to her parents. I can't really influence anything.

Comment

I don't really believe in such young mothers, especially when the 'mother' is still a kid herself. She may seem already like a 20 year old, but she is probably still not mentally and physically prepared for a child. Furthermore i don't understand how that could happen.... In that age, my interests didn't consider sex, but more likely things such as games or Barbies.... xD
                  Well, but i didn't meet this girl so i can't make assumptions out of nothing. I really hope she can handle this pressure of having responsibility for the next 20 years.

Wish her good luck :>

Comment

O.O wait a minute - how old is the father? Surely 13 is below the age of consent in the US? Isn't it a crime?

Comment

I may sound a little mean here, but at 13 you're not mature in any sort of way no matter if, like her dad said, you look 20 or not. I know at 13 I did some things I would gladly slap myself over if I could. At this point in her life, she's still technically a child and by keeping the kid, she's hindering her own childhood by adding the stress of another life and how to keep it healthy and happy as well as do the same for herself. I'm not saying she'll automatically be a bad mother, but it's still a bad move on her part. In America I know there's such thing as 'open adoption' where she can still be active in the child's life and possibly be called mom by the kid, but she won't have to raise it and can continue her education and calm down. Kids are expensive, I'm sure at 13 she's already racking up some bills for whatever her interests are at the moment. Take that and add in formula, diapers, clothes the baby will grow out of in 2 weeks... you get my point.

Having been around girls coming into high school with kids and getting pregnant while in high school frequently for two years, I can say there are few young mothers who truly deserve their kid.

Eternity: Kids that young have sex all the time. I've known 11 year olds who are sexually active. Technically if they're both underage it's not a crime, just dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
                        Eternity: Kids that young have sex all the time. I've known 11 year olds who are sexually active. Technically if they're both underage it's not a crime, just dumb.
                        Thanks for clarifying, I must have missed that - my older son is 11 and this post just flaws me, just flaws me.

Comment

I'm not sure how it is in other countries but I do know underage sex and prostitution is a growing problem in America, especially when common mindsets about having the children include: it makes you grown up (I even had a 24 year old tell me this was a sure-fire way to be a 'grown-ass woman'), it's something that will love you no matter what and is fun to dress up, it won't be that hard the grandparents can deal with it when it poops on you, and if you and your boyfriend are having trouble, it will automatically make him stay with you. All of these reasons coming from both very wild/dumb children and the supposedly mature ones. Personally I think with sex ed they need to do a parenting class to break it to these little kids just how hard it is to keep the baby and not want to drown it when it won't shut up at 4 am and you have an exam in the morning.

Comment

O_o thats horrible! babies having babies she's only 13 years old at that age she can barely take care of herself let alone another human, at 13 she shouldnt even be having sex yet

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
                              it's something that will love you no matter what and is fun to dress up, it won't be that hard the grandparents can deal with it when it poops on you, and if you and your boyfriend are having trouble, it will automatically make him stay with you. All of these reasons coming from both very wild/dumb children and the supposedly mature ones. Personally I think with sex ed they need to do a parenting class to break it to these little kids just how hard it is to keep the baby and not want to drown it when it won't shut up at 4 am and you have an exam in the morning.
                              Er the people saying this need to be in a room SUPERVISED with some babies for a couple of hours seriously ... (I laughed my head off when I read this) aren't there places that do that? I'm sure I've seen TV shows on this.

Comment

Working...
                              X