Relieved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relieved!

Just an update: My SO and I are one step closer to him coming here! He applied for his passport, went to his passport interview (they just look at the application making sure everything is correct) and he gets it in 5 days! After he gets his passport, he's applying for his visa! There is definitely some relieved stress on my part because I was worrying about if this would happen or not.

Is it normal to feel anxious about my SO coming here? He's never been here or met my family in person, but they have talked to him over FaceTime when I talked to him. Everyone tells me they like him and he seems like a great guy. I'm not worried about them not liking him, I'm more worried about what he'll think of my family. My SO is going to be here 6 months, which means hopefully he will like everyone here. I'm nervous about him seeing my crazy life because right now I'm having issues with my family (still dealing with my parents' divorce) and he is aware of them.

I'm hoping everything will go smoothly.

Originally posted by KoalaCuddles View Post
    Just an update: My SO and I are one step closer to him coming here! He applied for his passport, went to his passport interview (they just look at the application making sure everything is correct) and he gets it in 5 days! After he gets his passport, he's applying for his visa! There is definitely some relieved stress on my part because I was worrying about if this would happen or not.

Is it normal to feel anxious about my SO coming here? He's never been here or met my family in person, but they have talked to him over FaceTime when I talked to him. Everyone tells me they like him and he seems like a great guy. I'm not worried about them not liking him, I'm more worried about what he'll think of my family. My SO is going to be here 6 months, which means hopefully he will like everyone here. I'm nervous about him seeing my crazy life because right now I'm having issues with my family (still dealing with my parents' divorce) and he is aware of them.

I'm hoping everything will go smoothly.
    That's awesome news! Of course it's normal to be anxious especially since it sounds like he will be staying at your family's home? Staying with people 24/7 is definitely a lot different than just a meet and greet dinner! If you're worried about what he'll think of your family maybe give him a heads up of what he can expect so that he isn't totally caught off guard in case anything weird happens. If he is as great as he seems, he will love your family though! :-) good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X