Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stressed....Again..!

Hey everyone,

So I need some advice on an issue I am having. Currently, my SO is making his way over here to visit me in the U.S. He is going on a visitor visa (Instead of coming here with no visa because that would only allow him to stay here for up to 90 days but he wants to stay longer). My family is going to sponsor him, so this requires some documents on our end. He has his visa interview October 14th and I'm stressing a little. I'm sure the U.S. Consulate (where he has his interview) is going to need to know how he is related to the people sponsoring him. Obviously he will have to say it's his girlfriends family, but this is where I get worried.

Won't that make them more cautious of giving him the visa? One of the requirements is for the sponsor to write a letter to the U.S. Consulate in his country, so my family made sure the letter specifically said they will make sure he will leave the U.S. before his visa's expiration. I'm kind of freaking out and worried. If he gets denied one, we're going to have him come here on the visa waiver program. I'm stressed and I'm afraid he will get denied a visitor visa.. We have all the documents he needs for his interview and he knows to bring them to his interview. I'm just stressing out on how it will turn out and if he will get denied or not. Like I said, we do have a backup plan, but he really does want to stay here for more than 3 months.

Has anyone gone through a similar experience or could give me advice on this issue? Anything would be helpful.

~S

VISA applications are stressful, no doubt about it. It is good you have a backup plan. Otherwise, make sure you follow all the details on the case - online, calling, etc.

We are going to start our next visa soon, and I plan to make a folder for the papers for him and printouts/copies of everything for me, to make sure no information gets lost. It may sound overcaucious, but you can actually get denied if you don't carry print outs of your transfer and return ticket etc. - which SO failed to do last time.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
    X