He Was Denied.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He Was Denied.....

My SO has been denied for a visitor visa to the US... This is extremely upsetting and all I've been doing is crying since I heard the news....

I am so sorry... I can't imagine what that must be like for you guys.
    ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
    Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
    First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
    Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
    Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
    Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

Thanks, LivingInWonderland <3

From what he's told me, they were pretty unfair to him...

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear that, but isn't Australia part of the Visa Waiver Program? Why did he need a visa, he should have been able to stay here 90 days visa free, is he not Australian?
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
          I'm really sorry to hear that, but isn't Australia part of the Visa Waiver Program? Why did he need a visa, he should have been able to stay here 90 days visa free, is he not Australian?
          Yes, he was able to do that. He wanted to come here for longer than 90 days because I went to visit him for 6 months. I met his family and friends and I got to know everyone really well. He wanted to do about the same over here. However, now that he was denied a visa, he is not eligible for the visa waiver program now...

Comment

Yeah that definitely sucks. VWP is great for countries that are allowed that privilege, step away from it and you're treated like garbage like the rest of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
              Yeah that definitely sucks. VWP is great for countries that are allowed that privilege, step away from it and you're treated like garbage like the rest of the world.
              According to my SO, the interviewer didn't even look at his documents! Everything he has told me about his interview seems unfair and it's really frustrating. They also only asked what his income was. They didn't even ask how much he saved up because he's been saving up for awhile.

Comment

Yes, countries have all tightened up on long term visit permits. All they care about is that you can support yourself for your full stay and they are very suspicious if you want to stay longer than 90 days. He could hire a lawyer and appeal but he is going to need a lot of money to do that. Your best bet now is to switch countries and use the money he had saved for you to come and stay there. You could also meet up in the middle somewhere if he has enough cash saved to swing for a place to stay. Look for somewhere like Croatia, if you go to the beach area in winter, it is dirt cheap. We stayed in cute little house on beach for about 600 USD a month in April. We found it when searching for a third country to stay at between my 90 days in/out allowed in Schengen. It was on Airbnb.
                Last edited by Hollandia; October 13, 2015, 09:24 PM.
                "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
                  Yes, countries have all tightened up on long term visit permits. All they care about is that you can support yourself for your full stay and they are very suspicious if you want to stay longer than 90 days. He could hire a lawyer and appeal but he is going to need a lot of money to do that. Your best bet now is to switch countries and use the money he had saved for you to come and stay there. You could also meet up in the middle somewhere if he has enough cash saved to swing for a place to stay. Look for somewhere like Croatia, if you go to the beach area in winter, it is dirt cheap. We stayed in cute little house on beach for about 600 USD a month in April. We found it when searching for a third country to stay at between my 90 days in/out allowed in Schengen. It was on Airbnb.
                  The plan was for me to go to his country on a work and holiday visa later. The main reason he was going to come here was to meet and get to know my family before I left. My SO and I are currently looking at all our options, but if all else fails, I will move down there on the work and holiday visa sooner than I was expecting. I'm okay with that. Everything is so stressful at the moment though.

Comment

That sounds bad. But he can still come for up to 90 days without this visa, right?
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that... It's really unfair but unfortunately that's the way it is with US (and a lot of other) immigration Sending hugs and hope your work visa works out!

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                      That sounds bad. But he can still come for up to 90 days without this visa, right?
                      No, he can't:
                      Originally posted by KoalaCuddles View Post
                      However, now that he was denied a visa, he is not eligible for the visa waiver program now...

Comment

Sorry to hear. That really does suck.

Comment

Thanks everyone <3

Now that we've calmed down from this, we're looking into all his options. I think we've discovered as to why he was denied, so he's going to reapply and change a few things. Hopefully that will help. Crossing my fingers!

Comment

Good luck to him! That would be awful...

Comment

Originally posted by KoalaCuddles View Post
                              Thanks everyone <3

Now that we've calmed down from this, we're looking into all his options. I think we've discovered as to why he was denied, so he's going to reapply and change a few things. Hopefully that will help. Crossing my fingers!
                              Good luck! I hope you two can have the visit you want to have!
                              "Love, it's not an emotion. Love is a promise!"- The 12th Doctor in Death in Heaven

You need to stop focusing on the "what if" and keep focusing on the "what is."

First Time Meeting: August 10th 2014-August 21st 2014
                              Second Time Meeting: March 13th 2015-March 20th 2015
                              Third Meeting: December 27th 2015-January 21st 2016 (We got engaged!)
                              Fourth Meeting: July 12th-August 25th 2016
                              Fifth Meeting: February 10th-February 28th 2017 (My S/O came to America!)
                              Next Meeting: June 20th-September 17th 2017 (Our longest visit yet!)

Comment

Working...
                              X