Dream Vacation with your S.O.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream Vacation with your S.O.

Where would you like to go with your S.O. (not just to seee them), for how long, etc.

Me: I want to go on one of those Royal Caribbean cruises to either Alaska or the Virgin Islands for a week. All you can eat buffets, fancy dining rooms that you have to dress up for, getting my own little cabin with J, and then exploring each of the islands or seeing Alaska. It would be so fantastic to do.

How about you?
    First date: 12.27.09
    Started the distance: 6.10.10
    Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

We just spent two weeks at his parents condo is Destin last month. That was really nice. Where I'd really like to go with him is some place like Alaska or Aspen. I wouldn't mind a trip to the Caribbean either.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
    - A. A. Milne

Comment

Well, both of us are going to be in China as of this February, and while I guess that could kinda constitute as seeing each other, I'd still really love to just experience the countryside of China. Being that we're both in big cities (him in Hangzhou me in Shanghai) we're both experiencing much of urban China, but I'd really like to experience places like the Forbidden City, The Great Wall, Guilin, Suzhou, etc. by the way, Suzhou is the eastern Venice, it's a city built on canals, and I think that it would be cute and romantic for us to maybe have a weekend meet-up trip to Suzhou. Other than that, I'd really just love to see the world with him, we both love to travel (hence the long distance relationship status) but I think it would be even better if we could experience all these places together.

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Comment

Somewhere in the Caribbean would be nice. All romantic. But then again it could be a simple road trip and it would be amazing because I would be able to spend time with my SO.

Comment

I was just talkin about it with my SO the other day cause for me it'd be cheaper to (as an example) get a flight ticket to NY instead of KY directly. I could safe like 200-300 bucks so why not have a vacation together?
          He hasnt been to NY yet either and he liked the idea. And Im sure we'll get in detail when its time
          I've traveled to a bunch of places in Europe so I know where I'll take him to when he comes over here.
          Other than that I honestly dont really care where we'd go to as long as I'd have him with me.

Comment

I'd like to take a month exploring Europe together, focusing on the UK, and Italy. Ahhh, beautiful.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

A roadtrip across the US, or Europe. He's very well traveled, and I've done a decent amount myself, and we aren't traditional romantics. Besides, my Finnish snowman would melt if I took him to the islands, I'd have to carry him home in a cup (he hates the heat and actually enjoys Finnish Winters, yeah there's something wrong with him ) We'd have a blast exploring history, weird tourist attractions and bars along the way! I'd rather do the Europe trip, but he's never been to the US, so driving across here would definitely be an experience, and I'd love to show him everything.
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Hawaii or on a cruise ship to different places, we both love to travel so we would love to do that

Comment

JAPAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our first date was on the basis of us both loving japanese food =) we'd go and eat the whole time lol

or Vietnam, we'd do a Top Gear challenge, buy clapped out scooters and helmets made of collinders and tour the countryside lol

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                  <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                  The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                  <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                  <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                  Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                  Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've had two holidays with my SO and each one of them has been our perfect idea of a holiday.

My first visit to see him was spent traveling The Great Ocean Road for two weeks with a tent in the back of the car. We just set off and drove until we thought it was about time to stop, stayed a few days driving around seeing the sites and then moved on again. No itinery, a vague plan of what we wanted to see, where we might stop and the end point. It was fabulous, just the two of us getting to know each other surrounded by incredable scenery.

Then this summer he came here to see me for a month which was broken up between time at home while I worked and two weeks of travelling round Britain. We headed North for a week, stayed in a castle for a night and visited Haydrians wall, carried on up to Scotland and spent time in Edinburgh before coming back down via York. We both love history so this was perfect. The second week we headed South, hired a 1970's VW Camper van and had an adventure driving it round Cornwall.

Both trips were fabulous, relaxed with our only goal to see some stuff and build some memories. I can't imagine topping those holidays we both got to tick numerous things off of our 'must see' lists while spending precious time together.

The trip that we now dream about is taking a camper van through Europe for a couple of months and seeing where the road takes us but it will be some years before we could do that but it's "on the list".... a list that's getting pretty long these days.

Comment

I am no longer LD, but since I have never been anywhere with Rane, no honeymoon even, I am going to answer! I would like to go to Disney World in Florida. I would also like to go to Mall of America. Tropical places don't do it for me, and Rane can't leave the country, so those are my picks.

Comment

Well me and Elina arent the "let's go to a hot place and sit on the beach" type so.. probably not the carribean or anything like that.

I'd love to go to New Zealand with Elina. It'd be amazing (: That's one place I've always wanted to go and.. going there with the love of my life and the person who gives me my happiest moments? Yes please

I actually think there's a good chance that might be where we go for honeymoon

Comment

I would love to go somewhere in Europe! That would be so much fun!!!!
                          But I would loveee to go on a cruise somewhere too!

Comment

I think the dream vacation for my bf and i would probably go to Italy (specifically the part where his family is from) or Romania (specifically the part where my family is from). I think staying there for about 1-2 weeks would be cool, lots of things to see.

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post
                              JAPAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our first date was on the basis of us both loving japanese food =) we'd go and eat the whole time lol

or Vietnam, we'd do a Top Gear challenge, buy clapped out scooters and helmets made of collinders and tour the countryside lol

What an amazing idea that would be!

Originally posted by sam View Post
                              I'd love to go to New Zealand with Elina. It'd be amazing (: That's one place I've always wanted to go and.. going there with the love of my life and the person who gives me my happiest moments? Yes please

I actually think there's a good chance that might be where we go for honeymoon

Guess what? :|

No I'm only messing this time haha!! You definitely would've believed me though!

In case anyone was wondering what that was about, me and Sam have so much in common it's actually genuinely frightening :|

Anyway!

Well I'd love to take her to America, I wanna do to Florida & Disneyworld again but she hates rollercoasters and all that so maybe not the ideal holiday for us

No doubt Sam will love rollercoasters like I do though so I'll go with him instead

Haha, we'd both like to see the Grand Canyon and I've always wanted to visit Italy, I think we'd probably go there. America and Australia (somewhere else I'd really like the visit) might be pushing Tanja's fear of flying just a little too far
                              In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                              Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                              Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                              My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Working...
                              X