K-1 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K-1 visa

Im sure there are many here that have closed the distance or at least got further than I have I am trying to sort out all this paperwork and I cant even begin to pretend I understand it.. looking at all these huge packets is absolutely mind boggling.. Im currently working on the I129-f form the first one before the K-1 and Ive tried calling offices and each tell me they cant help because they only do a certain part then transfer it to someone else, I cant even get straight answers on which stuff cost what?.. If there is anyone that can help with ANY info I would appreciate any all advice on how to get this figured out! Thank you

https://www.visajourney.com/
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Additionally, people have discussed the K-1 visa a bunch in the Closing the Distance subforum, that'd be worth a read. But yeah, visajourney should be your first stop!

~
      It'll take a lot more than words and guns
      A whole lot more than riches and muscle
      The hands of the many must join as one
      And together we'll cross the river

Comment

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

If you follow this guide to a tee, you have very high chances of being approved.
        My husband and I did exactly what this guide told us and got approved within 7 months of sending it in, closed the distance within 8, got married 10 and received my greencard within 18!

Good Luck!
        Feel free to PM me if you have questions, I'll share with you what I learned through the experience!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I'm gonna bookmark this thread. It's likely in the future that I'll be doing the same as you Britt! Good luck!

Comment

I cant even begin to say thank you this has been very informative the only thing I dint see is how much money to send in with each form, the lady I spoke to on the phone told me to send in $340.00 with the I129-F form but she wouldnt tell me what the price was for the K-1 because its a different department and those people will not speak to me until I have an on going case, but Im trying to save all the money i'll need before starting the paperwork. I just needed a rough estimate. I also thank you for a time frame to look forward to we've already been apart 10 months and its killing me..

Originally posted by snow View Post
            https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

If you follow this guide to a tee, you have very high chances of being approved.
            My husband and I did exactly what this guide told us and got approved within 7 months of sending it in, closed the distance within 8, got married 10 and received my greencard within 18!

Good Luck!
            Feel free to PM me if you have questions, I'll share with you what I learned through the experience!

Comment

Originally posted by Honour View Post
              I'm gonna bookmark this thread. It's likely in the future that I'll be doing the same as you Britt! Good luck!

Im not sure how you will hold up in the AZ heat lol its as bad as Texas heat, I spent my lovely 6 months in Wales and even I struggled getting used to the weather here again, and I sure do miss all that lush snow x lol

Comment

Originally posted by Britt6 View Post
                I cant even begin to say thank you this has been very informative the only thing I dint see is how much money to send in with each form, the lady I spoke to on the phone told me to send in $340.00 with the I129-F form but she wouldnt tell me what the price was for the K-1 because its a different department and those people will not speak to me until I have an on going case, but Im trying to save all the money i'll need before starting the paperwork. I just needed a rough estimate. I also thank you for a time frame to look forward to we've already been apart 10 months and its killing me..
                The first package is $340 by money order or check and you send it in with your I-129F, G-325a and optionally if you want to receive mail / text notifications your G-1145! (Make sure you start collecting the documents for the affidavit of support and that your US fiancé makes more than the poverty guidelines found here: https://aspe.hhs.gov/2015-poverty-guidelines )

The second part is with the American Embassy, you will have to pay ~$300 dollars for your visa interview and you should count on between $300 and $400 for your medical exam (it was $200 for me, but I had to get vaccinated which added up to $380).

After you have been approved, flown to America and gotten married, the third part is the Adjustment of Status, which is $1070.

So in total, count on at least $2000, maybe even $2500.

Comment

The medical in the UK is with knightsbridge in London and costs about £240 the K-1 is about the same. If you go on visa journey and go down to the UK subforums they have an indepth step by step guide on absolutely everything specific to the UK and London embassy. Good luck!
                  Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                  All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Its him coming to me, I am American and even for NHS he'd have to pay for medical check? Im guessing its a special kind then?

The first package is $340 by money order or check and you send it in with your I-129F, G-325a and optionally if you want to receive mail / text notifications your G-1145! (Make sure you start collecting the documents for the affidavit of support and that your US fiancé makes more than the poverty guidelines found here: https://aspe.hhs.gov/2015-poverty-guidelines )

The second part is with the American Embassy, you will have to pay ~$300 dollars for your visa interview and you should count on between $300 and $400 for your medical exam (it was $200 for me, but I had to get vaccinated which added up to $380).

After you have been approved, flown to America and gotten married, the third part is the Adjustment of Status, which is $1070.

Comment

Its him coming to me, I am American and even for NHS he'd have to pay for medical check? Im guessing its a special kind then?
                      Yes, because it's a doctor that is approved by the embassy, making sure you are neither a threat to yourself or the public. It's really just a general check up, taking blood, asking questions, getting vaccines and recording a medical history.

Comment

Do you know if there is a time limit on when the Adjustment of Status has to be done? Or can it be done at any time?

Comment

This might be the thing that I'll be doing in some years.. Looks like you need lots of money saved up- not only for the whole process, but also travelling to embassy, getting free days from work, and then when you finally arrive in US, you still need to wait before getting work permit...

Comment

Do you know if there is a time limit on when the Adjustment of Status has to be done? Or can it be done at any time?
                            Within the 90 day period of entering the country!

Originally posted by aleksaaw View Post
                            This might be the thing that I'll be doing in some years.. Looks like you need lots of money saved up- not only for the whole process, but also travelling to embassy, getting free days from work, and then when you finally arrive in US, you still need to wait before getting work permit...
                            Yeah it's a lot of money and time that it's swallowing..

Comment

Yes and there is also a time period that you can't work while you are waiting for your EAD (work authorization) We've got around $6000 saved and are starting next month. I've read the whole process is around $1700 but I don't think that's covering everything I think that covers fees. I'm hoping I'll have some money left at the end to do a month college course and get my driving licence (after I get the EAD). But we'll see.
                              Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                              All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Working...
                              X