Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I joined LFAD six years ago and now i'm back to give you an update :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I joined LFAD six years ago and now i'm back to give you an update :)

Hey guys. So i remembered my login information for LFAD after thinking about when me and Phil were LD over four years ago.
    We met online in 2009, he from canada, I from england, he moved here in 2011. I wrote a post shortly after he moved here, explaining how hard the transition is going from long distance to close distance, and honestly 4 years on I can say how utterly shocked(but happy) I am we actually worked out...
    I can say this because I have experienced it: we knew eachothers true self about 10 percent before we closed the distance. We knew eachother 50 percent when he moved around the corner from me and i'd say we know eachother 90 percent now we live together full time.

I'm not trying to dishearten anyone on here, far from it, I just believe if you are both realistic about closing the distance and the limitations of online relationships you can preserve your hearts from getting broken. While no hearts have been broken for us, weve had our own struggles along the way... mental health issues.. family deaths.. stress from our jobs/school but thankfully we have gotten through them all... and as of august 2015 (I cant remember the date, that just shows how sentimental i am :P) we are engaged to be married. We are getting married on 1st July 2017.

I guess this post was just to give my little piece of advice to all you lovers out there! and to say thankyou to Michelle and Frank for making this website. I made so many connections and friends on here, it really helped me feel a lot less lonely when my heart was 3000 miles away, so thank you guys... I dont know if anyone reading this will remember be on here as it was so long ago... im sure most of the people i spoke to have either broken up or closed the distance like i did.

but yeah... follow your heart guys, appriciate how lucky you are to love and be loved, even if that person is on the other side of the planet. Treat eachother with love and respect and you wont go far wrong.

P.S... heres a recent photo of us at my graduation from july 2015

https://scontent.fman1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...63&oe=56B168FA

That's amazing and inspiring!!!

Thank you for sharing, it's a great boost to know that even though you faced really tough times, you worked!!!

Comment

Congratulations, that's really inspiring and gives us all a little more hope!

Comment

Thanks for sharing! and congratulations!
        Lovely picture btw!

Comment

Congratulations! I'm happy to hear the hardships didn't stop you two in the end being together and great you're getting married. Gives the rest of us some hope

I wish you both the best of luck in the future.

Comment

Wishing you both the best.

Comment

This is wonderful to hear, congratulations And such a cute photo!

I think that all the extra struggles can really bring you closer together when you both deal with them.

Comment

Working...
              X