Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My story - update- long, but thank you!

wow how things have changed! This will be long

Some of you may remember me and my story - I'm from London UK, the gf is in Detroit USA.

I'm the first person she's ever opened up to about her sexuality. I'm 28 f she's 27 f. She always knew she was attracted to girls but growing up in a strong Jewish community she never felt she could be open about it. Nor does she even feel like she wanted to be with a girl for good any way, she didn't want to deal with the stigma attached to it.

So that's the background, we live 3500 miles apart, met online, it was all secretive, I actually lied about my pics right at the start
    we've been talking for 2.5 years and it took us 1 year 4 months to meet up for the first time. And in the past 14 months we've met up 7 times. we went through hi's and lows, she broke up with me twice, we had a number of difficulties, 1 of the things she wanted was to date me but with an end date in mind, so that she could enjoy us for a short time and then go back to living the Jewish life she had envisioned for herself.

We've had so much fun together these past 14 months, however I do have to admit that after the last break up, earlier this year it was hard for me to bounce back. I saw her twice and even though I loved her and enjoyed being with her it was difficult to completely allow myself to fall for her again.
    We had the end date, the secrets and I guess I was scared to fall for her even more if she could dump me on a whim again.
    however I recently got diagnosed with stomach cancer and all changed. we hate that it took something like cancer for us to realise what the hell are we doing. we love each other, we can't let go, we get along so well, we're each others best friends and so what if things are different to what she had thought her life would be. We're happy.

she came this weekend, left yesterday, we went to the english countryside, stayed in a beautiful cabin in the forest and it was bliss. We're planning to tell her family in a month or so and finally it looks like life is back on track for us.

I know Ive dealt with a lot, a LDR with a woman who was almost ashamed to be gay, who was secretive about it, she's now a resident but we had to deal with the stresses of med school for two years, my lawyer work is pretty demanding. I love J but she isn't very cutesy or lovey dovey, sometimes I felt I needed it because it would build the closeness when we're so far apart.

i know at times I felt like banging my head on the wall and everyone told me to give up on J. but i just knew there was something about her.she flew in and saw me and surprised me when I got out of surgery, she literally calls my doctor every few days to check on me, she's always listened to how i feel and even if she couldn't relate to me (for example, she would never understand the benefits of watching a movie together on Skype or if i left a hoody at hers she literally wouldn't look at it twice, but i sleep in her stuff all the time) but she always listens and is willing to meet me half way.

I love her and I'm glad that I didn't stop listening to my gut. This weekend was beautiful and made me feel like I'm falling for my best friend all over again.
    i thought when we were in a relationship with an end date, although the end date sucked it was so nice just to finally be with her. But the difference in us since the end date was removed is amazing.

I just want to thank all of you for sometimes giving me harsh advice and sometimes helping me with what to do. you helped me to get to where I want to be and from making sure I was taking care of myself.

I have no idea what the next chapter will be but I'm doing well and extremely happy
Working...
X