Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello I am new to LFAD ☺😂😈😕😍

Hello ,
    I am in a new LFAD Relationship, we are two and a half moths in. I love him so much we love each other. I never thought this could be possible to love someone you have never met face to face! I am in America and he lives in Sweden. I am 43 and he is 35. He is so refreshing, I was single three years before I met my SO.
    I am planning to go visit him 1/2016!! We are both so excited. We talk on the phone, video chat daily we also email at times. I really do not like the 7 hour time diffrence. He also is planning to move here permentnantley next year!! He makes me feel so special, I can't imagine once we finally met. I am so excited.
    My main question is how do you deal with the loneliness? I mean I think it's just really hard for me right now because I am not working. I have so much free time since we met. And he works daily and can't really talk on the phone to late his time. Which is like early evening for me. He surprises me often and calls me during the day his time.
    I was so excited to find this group as I have read most are!! Thanks to whom ever created this group. I find it to very helpful and I just love reading the stories and the replies.

Excited to be apart of LFAD!

Hello TamJac,

Welcome to LFAD! I have found this group great so far and I'm sure you will too, plenty of helpful people on here.

I think the best thing is to keep yourself busy, especially if you're not currently working/studying. It's still difficult and you really want to see them, but it will help doing hobbies, seeing friends etc. As well, unexpected calls are always fantastic, but having a set time each time each week with the SO should help give some stability knowing you'll speak to them then. I currently have a 7 hour time difference between me and my SO, so I understand the problems with time difference.

And don't worry, you're not the only one missing that person so much that you feel lonely, yet so happy to know you'll see them soon(ish). We're all here to help and support each other

Comment

Welcome to the forum! It is a super-awesome place with great people.

Warwick Guy is right, the time will not be so painful if you're able to fill it up with something, and I think a lot of us here have dealt with that! Do you have any hobbies or interests you could get more into now that you have the time? Find something fun to do, not just any old thing. For me, that means catching up on American Horror Story and attempting to crochet things. For you it could be volunteering somewhere or scrapbooking or learning Swedish or trying to make your way through lists of books or movies that "Everyone Should See/Read Before They Die". You don't necessarily have to do it to make you stop thinking about your love - I feel really nice when I'm working on something that is specifically for my boyfriend as a present for him the next time we meet.

I hope you enjoy it here!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
        Yes, to what the others said...try to stay busy and enjoy your first meeting The best to you both!!

Comment

Hello, welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! I'll be meeting my SO for the first time in April next year, so I can understand the nerves/excitement part!

Comment

Theres something about those Scandinavians amirite? ;D XD I'll be visiting mine in late may and time can't pass fast enough! Welcome!

Comment

Of course, Scandi people are the cream of the crops.... Welcome to LFAD
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Welcome! If you feel lonely, besides your own activities, stay here in the community, write posts and have fun I'm here since 2011 I think and I love everyone, because these are the people that 100% get you and understand your feelings. So stay strong, enjoy your relationship and welcome on board!

Comment

Welcome to the forums.
                    ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
                    Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
                    First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
                    Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
                    Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
                    Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

Thank you!

Comment